So, is this a scalp then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I got scalped by some elephant-thighed team coloured on a hospital-green Bianchi last night.

I ALMOST caught him. That's got to count for something, right?

My poor single speed riding buddy almost lost me :becool:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
martint235 said:
I was on that stretch of road as well at about 9.15 on Sunday (went the opposite direction about 8am but fewer cars then).

So a scalp is any overtake where I then stay in front? :becool:

You must have been there 10 minutes before me...

Matthames

Über Member
Nearly thought about chasing down a guy in Sky kit on my way home Sunday evening. He came past me pretty quickly going up hill where I had chose to just plod along. Caught him up at the lights, but he went of in a different direction to what I was going.

fimm

Veteran
I passed this woman who was pootling along the canal path on a mountain bike, does that count?

(I was running at the time....)

While we're on about scalping, I got a reasonable pass from a car last night plenty wide but maybe they cut in a wee bit to early but it didn't really bother me. Maybe it bothered them for the next 100m they went along at 25mph so I had to scalp them; I had a strong tailwind though ;-)

BentMikey said:
Nice one HLaB - that's a great feeling isn't it?
Cheers :-)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
User3143 said:
And you weren't?! You can see your head bob side to side as you pedal this indicates that your pedalling action is inefficient and you were trying to grind a bigger gear then you could handle.

And no it's not a scalp because he did not know you were chasing him like that. He probably dismissed you as a cyclist back where he lost you in the traffic on the account that you was an 'amateur' who cannot filter so couldn't give two shoots either ways.
Don't sit on the fence, eh Lee... say what you think. ;)

Smithy

Veteran
I don't get all this scalping m'larky.

1, You are both on different types of bikes.

2, He could have been out for an hour or two and you could have just started out on your ride.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Smithy said:
I don't get all this scalping m'larky.

1, You are both on different types of bikes.

2, He could have been out for an hour or two and you could have just started out on your ride.

He could have, but he chose to race, that's why he was on the drops giving it some.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Don't sit on the fence, eh Lee... say what you think. :biggrin:

Sharky, did you really have to quote Lee?

Lee, you are 'kin clueless about recumbents and pedal steer, else you'd know why my head bobs sideways. You don't get it on a trike, and you have hardly any recumbent experience anyway, which is why you don't know what you're talking about.

As for filtering down the left there at speed, you must be having a laugh. Or you don't know the road, and you're not looking ahead on the video either.

400bhp

Guru
Pub talk

Willy waving.

I beat [insert powerful car x] with my [insert POS car y] between point [a] and point .

Top Bottom