So, is this a scalp then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I was jealous as im not particulary as fast as some people.Not now anyway.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
As for filtering down the left there at speed, you must be having a laugh. Or you don't know the road, and you're not looking ahead on the video either.
I know the road and wouldn't have filtered down the left. i went eeeek as i saw him do that.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Actually it was quite a weird day on that road on Sunday. All the traffic pulled in to the bus lane but I didn't see anyone telling them to do it. It left the normal car lane completely empty! It were great (northern accent coming through) :biggrin:

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
martint235 said:
Actually it was quite a weird day on that road on Sunday. All the traffic pulled in to the bus lane but I didn't see anyone telling them to do it. It left the normal car lane completely empty! It were great (northern accent coming through) :biggrin:

I think it's because that lane is for straight on at the RAB and the bus lane isn't in use on Sundays. If it were me in the car, I'd go on the right lane, go right around the RAB, and carry on, saw a taxi do the same ages ago and thought "good on ya".

Still feel warm and glowing from this overtake, it's my second best one yet. I'm so annoyed with myself for not catching the first one on camera, it was a 35mph false flat sprint (uphill) with a lad on a Bianchi. He couldn't believe himself when I hit him again, he thought he'd lost me by jumping a few lights.

Brahan

Über Member
martint235 said:
I'm off to buy popcorn for the Lee/BM race, anyone want some?:biggrin:

Who else thinks they should take it to the track? ;)

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yes, it's a scalp. He was clearly racing, you beat him: that's called a scalp. Doesn't mean you didn't look like a hi-speed bed-ridden numpty. But yeah, it's a scalp.

Everybody happy now?

marinbearvalley

Smithy said:
I don't get all this scalping m'larky.

1, You are both on different types of bikes.

2, He could have been out for an hour or two and you could have just started out on your ride.

I don't get it either. Looks like an innocent party going about their business to me. Other party is being slowed down at some point but they are not bleating about it.

Don't think it warrants them being posted on youtube at length, seemingly for the purpose of mockery and brownie point "winning", in my opinion.

Matty

Looks like a scalp to me. I often come across the 'willing to take greater risks in traffic' to get in front type. I liked the surprised look on his face at you motored past.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
marinbearvalley said:
I don't get it either. Looks like an innocent party going about their business to me. Other party is being slowed down at some point but they are not bleating about it.

Don't think it warrants them being posted on youtube at length, seemingly for the purpose of mockery and brownie point "winning", in my opinion.

Oh no, no chance. He was trying his absolute hardest to drop me. You don't do above 25mph on the flat effortlessly, neither do I, and neither did he. It's also why he's on the drops.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I got scalped twice (twice???) this morning! The shame!!! It's so rare that anyone passes me and stays in front.

I'm tempted not to count either as they both RLJd as I was gaining on them but at the end of the day they did pass me :ohmy:xx(

Top Bottom