So, is this a scalp then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Smithy said:
I don't get all this scalping m'larky.

1, You are both on different types of bikes.

2, He could have been out for an hour or two and you could have just started out on your ride.

Commuter racing, look it up (http://www.itsnotarace.org/). Bike type, rider attire etc defines how many points you get. Your attire and bike define how high you are up the points ladder for when someone scalps you.

If you are into that sort of thing. I read it for a laugh, I dont race other people on the roads, because it just invites risk taking and I dont want to get hit by any more cars, 2 is enough for me!

Tbh in that video, the 1st part he looks like he is racing, the last time when you pass him, he appears to not give a sh*t. Doesnt appear to be going hell for leather either, maybe he blew up inbetween the passes, or maybe he wasnt actually racing just doesnt care. Being in the drops means nothing, I ride in aero possition with no interest in speed sometimes, just to stretch out my back and relax. Only you know how hard he was huffing and puffing as you passed so only you know how much of a scalp it was ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Rob3rt said:
Tbh in that video, the 1st part he looks like he is racing, the last time when you pass him, he appears to not give a sh*t. Doesnt appear to be going hell for leather either, maybe he blew up inbetween the passes, or maybe he wasnt actually racing just doesnt care. Being in the drops means nothing, I ride in aero possition with no interest in speed sometimes, just to stretch out my back and relax. Only you know how hard he was huffing and puffing as you passed so only you know how much of a scalp it was :tongue:
That's because he assumed he'd dropped Mikey... and had nothing left in the tank when overtaken at such speed. It looked like he thought about it and accelerated a bit, then almost immediately gave it up as being futile. He was most definitely racing in the first part too, and trying to get past... when entering the cycle lane bit which jinks out of the traffic for a few seconds he's out of the saddle trying to get past.. when Mikey goes right to overtake the traffic he accelerates hard to lose him by filtering on the left still.

Nice vid. Bet he was gutted when you blasted past him, BM!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom