So should they ban smoking at the wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
stevenb said:
I don't think they can stop smoking at the wheel.
In essence it's all distractions, smoking, the radio, passengers talking etc.....but these things are instinctive whereas a moby is dangerous as we all know......especially when drivers on phones negotiate roundabouts etc. as well as the conentration involvement.

Yes the one handed steering around a roundabout,while hilding a mobile in the other ,is worrying,i see it all too often.

They should ban chucking fag-ends out of the window.
Or opening your car door in a supermarket carpark, banging the ashtray against the side of the car to empty-out all the ash, as I saw at weekend.

But then, someone who inhales burning carcinogenic smoke isn't going to be exactly bothered about the environment, are they ?

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
andy_wrx said:
Or opening your car door in a supermarket carpark, banging the ashtray against the side of the car to empty-out all the ash, as I saw at weekend.

But then, someone who inhales burning carcinogenic smoke isn't going to be exactly bothered about the environment, are they ?

No.

gbb

Legendary Member
andy_wrx said:

But then, someone who inhales burning carcinogenic smoke isn't going to be exactly bothered about the environment, are they ?[/QUOTE]

You're falling into the modern trap of finger pointing and 'assuming' that someone who does something you disagree with....is not worthy of any consideration.
My wife smokes, i know plenty of people who do. She absolutely would never dream of doing the things you have seen....and i suspect the vast majority of smokers dont either.

Smokers of ciggies have been profiled as risk-takers, thus cavalier in their attitudes. Not everyone does this chucking out of smoking paraphenalia, but a large proportion might well do. As well as any other items not wanted on voyage. Which reminds me that smoking whilst driving army vehicles could get you on a charge. As it should: being wreathed in clouds of CO and under the influence of nicotine is not the best mindset to take onto the roads, perhaps.

gbb

Legendary Member
Profiled as risk takers !!!
The same sort of profile that identifies helmet wearers as risk takers perhaps ?

I said in my earlier post, point the finger at all and sundry, and eventually, the finger will come round to you.

C'mon guys...keep it real, i thought i was in soapbox for a minute ;)

Nortones2 said:
Smokers of ciggies have been profiled as risk-takers, thus cavalier in their attitudes. Not everyone does this chucking out of smoking paraphenalia, but a large proportion might well do. As well as any other items not wanted on voyage. Which reminds me that smoking whilst driving army vehicles could get you on a charge. As it should: being wreathed in clouds of CO and under the influence of nicotine is not the best mindset to take onto the roads, perhaps.

Codswallop. I smoke at the wheel and I wouldn't dream of dropping litter of any sort. Good lord, my dog ends are completely biodegradable (I smoke rollies) and I even pinch them out and find a bin for them! The "influence" of nicotine doesn't extend far enough to affect one's driving, either.
Gbb has it about right - keep calling for stuff to be banned and it won't be long before "they" ban something you like doing.

Observe other smokers habits, rhythm thief, and you will see many examples of objects being flung around, whether the twits are peds or drivers.

bonj2

Smokin Joe said:
Downtube shifters should be banned on bikes as they involve taking your hand off the bars, possibly causing you to lose control and swerve into an orphanage where you go through the doors of the boilerroom causing a massive explosion and slaughtering 92 children.

Exactly!... GOOD POINT! ;)

bonj2

Rhythm Thief said:
Codswallop. I smoke at the wheel and I wouldn't dream of dropping litter of any sort. Good lord, my dog ends are completely biodegradable (I smoke rollies) and I even pinch them out and find a bin for them! The "influence" of nicotine doesn't extend far enough to affect one's driving, either.
Gbb has it about right - keep calling for stuff to be banned and it won't be long before "they" ban something you like doing.

It's your sort that are the excuse why rizla make long ones.

Cab

gbb said:
You're falling into the modern trap of finger pointing and 'assuming' that someone who does something you disagree with....is not worthy of any consideration.
My wife smokes, i know plenty of people who do. She absolutely would never dream of doing the things you have seen....and i suspect the vast majority of smokers dont either.

You suspect that the vast majority of smokers don't, say, stub cigarettes out on the street, thus creating litter? Really?

Cab

Rhythm Thief said:
Codswallop. I smoke at the wheel and I wouldn't dream of dropping litter of any sort. Good lord, my dog ends are completely biodegradable (I smoke rollies) and I even pinch them out and find a bin for them!

Good! I mean, not good, obviously, somoking is a bloody stupid thing to do, but you don't need me to preach at you for it.

But good that you don't end up littering. Do you think that you might be in a minority of smokers for that?

col

Legendary Member
Cab said:
Good! I mean, not good, obviously, somoking is a bloody stupid thing to do, but you don't need me to preach at you for it.

But good that you don't end up littering. Do you think that you might be in a minority of smokers for that?

Probably,i always stub it and bin it,but even when im with others chatting,most just throw them.When a council official gives them a fifty pound ticket ,that might help them change.;)

Top Bottom