So, this cafe...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I like the fact that here, we have a real cafe to meet in. Of course, I've realised that we'll all have a different idea what it looks like...

To me, it's wipe clean checked tablecloths, eclectic cutlery, reproduction landscapes in oils on the walls.

The menu would offer baked potatoes, beans on toast, chips, cheese and pickle sandwiches, huge scones, enormous pots of tea, and at least four sorts of cake.

And it's in a middle of a small market town. Just next to the bike racks...

What do you all see?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
carrot cake in enough quantities for the whole peleton of the club run, proper coffee, and the real arch sitting sage like at a table flirting with a certain welsh lawyer…

with the tdf on a plasma tv too if we're lucky :blush:

derall

Guru
Don't know if it's still there, but back in my climbing days there was a wonderful little cafe in Malham in Yorks. Run by an orienteer whose name now escapes me.

Well, this place is just like that.

Which in turn is pretty much as Arch describes...

alecstilleyedye said:
carrot cake in enough quantities for the whole peleton of the club run, proper coffee, and the real arch sitting sage like at a table flirting with a certain welsh lawyer…

:

English actually - I just live in Wales, but if Arch likes to think I'm Welsh........... :blush:

Tetedelacourse

electricdave said:
Menus under the glass tabletops!

beer taps, fridges full of bottled beers, spirits along the back wall and an unplugged space invaders game in the corner.

Radically different from the above I know but you're all in here with me :blush: :rolleyes:

mosschops2

Also the kind of food that you can't buy in the supermarket, and for some reason can't make at home any more.

Like toasties. I owned a toastie maker 10 years ago, but must have binned it or given it away!!

And American breakfast stuff, like streaky bacon (crispy mmmmm), waffles, and maple syrip. And pancakes. And French Toast......

nickwill

I like to imagine that I'm sitting outside the cafe which is in the square at Petra, Majorca. Someone has just brought round a plate of oranges, and I've got a cafe con leche and a large slab of cake on order.

Either that or it'll be a bit like the Inglesports cafe in Ingleton with fairly basic decor, large slabs of cake and huge mugs of tea to ward off the cold and the rain.

Cheese and bean toasties made without quibble and the option to add hash browns to any sandwich filling. A fine selection of tray bakes, sticky toffee pudding and free tea refills. When I think of any cafe I automatically revert to my favourite which is the CTC caf at Hallaton, Leicestershire. It's all wooden and farmhousey, with big welsh dressers, stripped floors and oak tables.

Top Bottom