So what bike are you commuting on + link a picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peejay78

back to the thread; i commute on this:

523435484_6b247ff049.jpg

off the peg fuji frame, cinelli criterium bars, harry rowland cpx22 wheels, goldfinger brake, 48:16 gearing.

peejay78

fairly flat - central london. i go up highgate hill on it though. which can hurt.

this is what i use for hills:

224423500_242c84c849.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well, got a new job within 9 miles from home (many routes to extend the journey) so the mtb has had some work done.

Gone are the knobblies, on are Vittoria Randonneur 26x1.5 slicks and a set of black zefal guards.

Intend to commute most days except ice, or really bad howling storms. I don't do ice - had 3 really bad falls in one day many moons ago on a commute. How I look forward to not having to use the car everyday !

Commuting from Thursday - first couple of days I'll check out the bike and changing locations. Intend to commute not in my full 'lycra larry roadie' kit - will use cycling shorts with either baggie shorts or trackie bottoms on top, spd mtb shoes and a plain cycling top - don't want to scare my new work colleagues. Should be fun catching a few roadies dressed like that :biggrin: - might just have to tell 'em not to worry ;)

Here is the commuter mtb thingy !

http://digitalsafe.pipex.com/12931981

longers

Legendary Member

Thanks for the advice on how to do this Arch. (assuming it works)
This was the day my wormery got delivered. Short route home that night.

longers

Legendary Member
What did I do wrong? As suggested I put a photo onto a photosharing thingy (I used Flickr as it's linked to Yahoo), I then tried to put it on here using the address and the add photo button. It obviously hasn't worked. Help please.:blush:

Road Fiddler

Felt F1X i will get an image up in a sec

p9150054copydp0.jpg

Here is an image, pretty happy with it so far, its less than a month old. I have changed the tires from the stock 38c cycloX tires to 25c contis.

I have also ordered new brakes as the Tektro Orxys ain't all that although they do do the job, I just fancied something a bit classier and probably better at stopping me. So have gone for 4ZA CB2s.

Next i will be getting a Fixie, probably a Steamroller for around town and as an urban play bike.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
What did I do wrong? As suggested I put a photo onto a photosharing thingy (I used Flickr as it's linked to Yahoo), I then tried to put it on here using the address and the add photo button. It obviously hasn't worked. Help please.:blush:

Did you use the link with [ img ] [ /img] at each end? (but without the spaces..)

I just copy the right link from photobox (they give several options for links or embedding the image), or if I'm copying the URL from the address box at the top of the screen, add the img tags in the [] brackets...

Top Bottom