So what bike are you commuting on + link a picture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
longers it should work something like this

HTML:
[IMG]http://flickr.com/photos/link_to_you_photo[/IMG]
or 
[URL="http://flickr.com/photos/link_to_you_photo"]Your link here[/URL]

Hope this helps.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ah, I see you have it working now. Isn't the wheelie bin a wee bit over the top and Do you often let your dog do the driving?

Arch said:
For example, going to HlaB's pic, and copying the URL:

URL alone:

http://galleryadrian.fotopic.net/p43167228.html

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end (without the spaces)

Tada!

p43167228.html

Oh.. Er.

Ah....

Try adding www

iid=ypp81n&outx=800&quality=70

Oh. Um... No idea....

I'm stumped...:blush:

I had to take it into Flickr, not Fotopic and copy the picture location, not the html and ensure that it finished .jpeg

longers

Legendary Member
Hairy Jock said:
Ah, I see you have it working now. Isn't the wheelie bin a wee bit over the top and Do you often let your dog do the driving?

It's not my car so I'm not worried about the no-claims.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
My tub thumper
Claud Butler XC Sport
B1866.jpg

Slightly different (better) spec. to what was originally on the spec. sheet but I have a feeling that CB were using up what they had on the shelf !!!

For my £225, the price of the bike (I'd just had a bike nicked so low on funds, the LBS, Village cycle centre in Nuneaton, excellent service, and no, it's not local to me but it is to my Bro!) They changed the plastic pedals to alloy and fitted open toe clips, mudguards and smart front and rear lights.
I like it, well I did 'til somebody posted a link to specialized hybrid bikes, I thought they were just mountain. BUGGER !! Got to go rob a bank now. GRRRRRR !!!!!

fisha

Guru
Thats the Greenock Cut ( also known as Loch Thom cut ). I occasionally cycle along it and then turn down the hillside along a singletrack path down into IBM from up the hillside.

Want another one taken a few hundred yards further along? just to really rub it in?

pano1-small.jpg

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
fisha said:
My bike ... on the commute to work yesterday:

Klein Attitude
Carbon forks
disc brakes
1" slicks

Commute-026.jpg

Christ, what happened?? Did you fall off??? :blush:

fisha said:
Thats the Greenock Cut ( also known as Loch Thom cut ). I occasionally cycle along it and then turn down the hillside along a singletrack path down into IBM from up the hillside.

Want another one taken a few hundred yards further along? just to really rub it in?

pano1-small.jpg

GO on fisha show em the stuff yous posted on the other place make em really envious :ohmy:

Freewheeler

I ride a vintage 3-speed between home and the railway station, about 1.5 miles each way; this is just the kind of job these bikes were designed for. The bike cost 8 quid from Ebay. New tyres, tubes, ball bearings, cotter pins and a period back light for the dynamo and the total cost was about £50. Oh, and it's most unlikely to get stolen. ;)

1248285729_19ef031bf1_o.jpg

I've also bought a non-folding Raleigh Twenty, also for £8. This one is going to stay in Manchester to provide transport between the station and my work, less than a mile each way (at the moment I just about catch the early train home by jogging to the station, arriving as a stressed, sweaty mess). I'm hoping it will remain unmolested overnight at Oxford Road station.

1248285741_83efe6c61d_o.jpg

They each weigh a ton, but I reckon that's a good thing for my fitness considering the commute is so short.

Freewheeler

Well, the Raleigh Twenty is now in Manchester and survived unscathed last night on Oxford Road station. What with red lights and heavy traffic, rolling to the station doesn't seem much quicker than walking/jogging, but it's much more fun! If anyone sees me riding down Princess Street/Whitworth Street, shout Hi. :-)

Top Bottom