So where on earth is this bad weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

:wacko:
Well.... I stayed in today.....thinking I'd not get out at all....although I did 5 miles test ride on the new bike 1st thing this mroning...but had to come back and make further adjustments to the bike and my cleats.....so I hopped onto the turbo trainer instead.

We've had the odd pasing bit of drizzle......lasted all of 2 mins if that....and that was it......mind you...it is quite windy....but not as bad as it has been when I've been out.

Bet you tomorrow rains though...:sad:

Having said that...I've twinged my right knee...it hurst when I sit down or get up now....just above the knee cap.....new pedals and shoes you see.......my knee has to get used to it.

Might get some ice on it shortly to help speed recovery.:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nasty stuff is due in Monday, and it might be OK tomorrow !

well me and my mate were very lucky today,we set out at 8am from Twickenham towards the surrey hills and north downs,hoping that i would do 100+k ride(first one) as part of my training towards the etape and i must say we were very lucky !!! slightly breezy and just a little drizzle at the top of box and leith hill,but apart from that bone dry !!!!

got the 100+k', 102k to be precise :wacko:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Lucky you mate...wish I could.....although my knee would have been well knackered....
Bedding in period.....but Im hoping a rest this afternoon has helped......and if tomorrow holds out then I'm going out!:wacko:

gezza said:
well me and my mate were very lucky today,we set out at 8am from Twickenham towards the surrey hills and north downs,hoping that i would do 100+k ride(first one) as part of my training towards the etape and i must say we were very lucky !!! slightly breezy and just a little drizzle at the top of box and leith hill,but apart from that bone dry !!!!

got the 100+k', 102k to be precise :sad:

Good effort gezza - been drizzling in this corner for most of the day...:wacko: The worst when I wanted to preserve some exterior timber. (Probs. it will get launched next door during tomorow's tornado...)

And England lost the 'rugby' match :smile:
Wales won :blush:
Harlequins won the rugby league :blush:

papercorn2000

I was racing in that!

I didn't win. I got into the winning move but got spat out on the climb.

derall

Guru
We were promised stormy weather today, so I didn't go out on the bike either. It's been fine and dry all day. Eventually went out, but just for a quick 8k run instead of a bike ride.

mondobongo

Über Member
It huffed and puffed for an hour rained for 20 minutes and then cleared up, Metcheck has it showing as not too bad early morning tomorrow so I am prepped and ready to go.

longers

Legendary Member
Was out and about today on foot with hound, very windy but the rain didn't start until I closed the front door. Very good timing!
It only last a couple of hours and tomorrow doesn't look too bad so I will be wearing my CC jersey on the bike for the first time ;). Just undecided where to go yet :blush:.

Top Bottom