So where on earth is this bad weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Had a fair bit of rain on and off today. Got blown and sprinkled (ooo-err, missus) walking the pooch earlier on.

Hoping for good weather Tuesday as I have a bike pub crawl planned through the Wylye Valley!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I did 38.2 miles on the bike today ;) Strong westerly wind on way out had become southerly on way back (circular route) so I sort of had a lot of wind to cope with (pffft). Also p1$$ed down with rain for last 30 mins, and the 3/4 bibs and fingerless gloves I went out in were totally inadequate... arrived home soaked, cold, but exhilarated.... :blush:

surfgurl

I've just checked on the environment agency website. We're on flood watch here on the Somerset coast. And there is 9 mm of rain predicted within 3 hours on Monday morning. And those three hours coincide with the high tide, the highest of the month...

longers

Legendary Member
surfgurl said:
I've just checked on the environment agency website. We're on flood watch here on the Somerset coast. And there is 9 mm of rain predicted within 3 hours on Monday morning. And those three hours coincide with the high tide, the highest of the month...

Hang ten dude? ;)

Joe

Über Member
Not impressed with the forecast. I have a week off work and was planning some serious mileage! I'll still go out but the predicted wind is going to be a nightmare:angry:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

I hate the wind.....it's good for clearly the pollution away...but saps your energy big time....and is dangerous sometimes when it gusts....:biggrin:

It is said to be nicer today than yesterday...more sun....less rain AND less windy....and looking outside it seems fairly calm at this moment in time.
Although its rained through the night.......so everywhere is soaking wet.

longers

Legendary Member
I was just about to set off just now and just missed riding in a large hailstorm of large hailstones. I measured one at 8mm and that wasn't the biggest.
Having a brew now and waiting for them to melt before setting off again.

surfgurl

Down here by the coast in Somerset all is quiet. I can't tell whether this is the calm before the storm or whether the forecasters haven't got it quite right but are correctly being cautious. I should point out there is only a road and a church between us and the sea.
The OH has been panicking people. He went to Lidl this morning muttering bread, candles, batteries, tinned food..." He wants to head out to the beach to fill sandbags this afternoon.
However it is inspiring us to tidy the house up. The dining room is downstairs and is full of the eldest lads music equipment as well as a mountain of old newspapers from the youngests paper round. If we do get flooded I don't want the state of my house shown on the news reports. :biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Its been trying to rain for the last couple of hours but had no more than a minute or two of light rain. Copped for the hail 2 miles into my ride this morning but luckily not as big as the stuff that Longers got. The wind however is foul strong crosswinds coupled with really cold gusts don't think will be going out again today.

surfgurl said:
Down here by the coast in Somerset all is quiet. I can't tell whether this is the calm before the storm or whether the forecasters haven't got it quite right but are correctly being cautious. I should point out there is only a road and a church between us and the sea.
The OH has been panicking people. He went to Lidl this morning muttering bread, candles, batteries, tinned food..." He wants to head out to the beach to fill sandbags this afternoon.
However it is inspiring us to tidy the house up. The dining room is downstairs and is full of the eldest lads music equipment as well as a mountain of old newspapers from the youngests paper round. If we do get flooded I don't want the state of my house shown on the news reports. :biggrin:

Leave your bike (s) downstairs for a wash surfgurl. :wacko:

curve

Sunny and a bit breezy in Brighton. I should point out that there is only a road and the promeande between us and the sea. But not to worry we're on the first floor so the tidal surge won't reach us. :biggrin:

simonali

Guru
Getting that annoying typically British mixture of sunshine and showers here. One minute sunglasses, the next a raincoat!

surfgurl

The rain and winding is starting to pick up here. It's gone very overcast now whereas this morning it was quite a nice day.
Going to take a walk on the beach in a bit.

Top Bottom