So where on earth is this bad weather?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sam get used to it this is Manchester - I'm just down the road !!! Was fun and it's going to be a fast ride home - see Commuting thread as well.

surfgurl

Chris James said:
By the way Surfgurl, I seem to recall you saying that you lived in Weston. High winds and high tides are common there - its is not that long ago that the caravan site at Uphill was washed away.

Once I remember sitting in my car in the car park alongside the Old Colonial as the car park began to fill with sea water. I made the mistake of deciding to drive off and turned left onto the seafront. The water was about two foot deep and huge waves were coming over the sea wall and crashing onto the roof of my car. I couldn't see anything even with the wipers on full - except the hazard lights of cars that had broken down.

I don't think I did my car much good! That was about ten years ago when I used to live in Locking Castle.

Obviously if you don't live in Weston then this will mean nothing to you!

Not Weston, but the next seaside town down the coast!
I know the very car park you got caught in. I did a course at Weston College a few years ago and the tutor instructed us on the first lesson to never leave our cars in the car park when it was high tide. She had personal experience of finding her car bobbing about.

One of the buoys from the estuary got washed in yesterday. It got wedged under the jetty.

Top Bottom