So who has actually got a Triban 3 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I haven't ! :rolleyes:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I haven't but I did have one of its predecessors which I rode for around 5000 miles. The only significant difference that I can see is that the front forks are now carbon fibre (good move, the ride was a bit harsh). Apart from that, it's pretty much the same frame and components. It was a very good ''entry level'' bike for the price (then around €300). It's still in the family, currently shrunk down to just about fit my niece.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
We have one in our household (girlfriends). Nice bike for the money, it was her 1st bike in over 10 years and so far she is enjoying it.

Flyingfox

I've got a Triban 5 :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The tyres on the one we got were pretty rubbish as well.

On Sunday, I was cycling alongside my girlfriend as we went round a corner, she hugged the gutter and I heard a load of crunching, turned to look and she was riding through a load of smashed glass. I cringed and warned her about imminent pop/flat and I watched the tyre for the next 5 mins intermittently expecting to witness at least some slow deflation, and it somehow came out unscathed, covered 15 mile, got home and all was well.

Not that this is a reflection of quality (the tyres are cheapo's, not expecting quality tyres), it is probably dumb luck, but it is a fun anecdote!

Chris-H

Über Member
Getting the mrs one on payday after reading the reviews in Cycling Active,150 mile round trip though to go and get it.

defy-one

The tyres are ok. I'll change them at the first sign of problems. Remember mines been assigned commuter duties with panniers,so speed performance isn't likely or required

Edwards80

Über Member
I got 1500 miles or so out of the cheapo tyres and no punctures. Only reason I switched from them was because I upgraded the wheels and bought new tyres at the same time. Can't complain!

defy-one

Which wheels did you put on?
I may take the ones off the Defy and put those on the tribby,get something sexy for the Defy

Top Bottom