Soaps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I don't have a TV.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It must be 40 years since I've said this but.....cars don't have bolics......

Things have moved on Grandpa!

Trucker+Nutz.jpg

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
As I was watching BBC 1 advertising Eastenders tonight, I suddenly realized that all soaps seem to be based on violence and deceipt nowadays. Is that a reflection of the society we live in? I certainly hope not.
Fortunately, a high percentage of UK residents don't behave like the morally bankrupt residents in Eastenders.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
As I was watching BBC 1 advertising Eastenders tonight, I suddenly realized that all soaps seem to be based on violence and deceipt nowadays. Is that a reflection of the society we live in? I certainly hope not.

Yep, that's why I don't watch 'em.

Basic Soap storyline: A dislikes B and B hates C who's having an affair with A...and so on....:okay:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I used to watch Neighbours and Home and Away in the early 90's. It was lighthearted and many of the plots revolved around the kids of school age. I stopped watching them in the late 90's when it started to become one depressing story-line after another.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 5296582, member: 259"]

A bit like Pobol w Cwm in fact. :whistle:[/QUOTE]
I met the plot-writer on vacation in Northern Spain a few years back. Very nice she was too. Her husband was Tracey Beaker’s uncle and some monster on Dr Who.

Top Bottom