Solar panels….?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Looking at my roof , during spring/ summer if I could max out panels on front and back I’d be generating a load of leccy !! Back of house is more west , Sun comes right round . Will ask the question of what’s the max I can stick up !

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have just had another quote 6.4 kW panels (16 x 400) with 6.4kW batteries. Panels are DMEGC, batteries Greenlinx and Invertor Lux 3600 Hybrid. This is £13.1K fitted. I think the output matches our need but I don't find many reviews on the hardware. Does anyone have any input?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I have just had another quote 6.4 kW panels (16 x 400) with 6.4kW batteries. Panels are DMEGC, batteries Greenlinx and Invertor Lux 3600 Hybrid. This is £13.1K fitted. I think the output matches our need but I don't find many reviews on the hardware. Does anyone have any input?

This LUX 3.6 Hybrid unit is a very powerful G98 solar inverter with integrated battery storage. Although it is 16 Amps limited it is capable of handling up to 7kw of PV input. This means that although the export is limited to 3.68kw, any additional generation can be stored in the batteries.

greenlinx-white-300x41.png

GreenLinx Is The UK’s First Battery To Benefit From High Power Density Lithium Cells. The Highest Charge & Discharge Rates From A Single Battery With 100% DOD!​

• 3.2k Wh Capacity
  • 100% DOD (Depth of Discharge)
  • Integrated Wi-Fi Future Proof With Firmware Updates
  • Low Temperature operating performance
  • Next Generation HPD High Power Density Lithium
  • 10 Year Warranty
  • Modular 1 to 8 batteries in parallel connection

Milkfloat

An Peanut

After securing another discount I have just signed up for this - £12.5K outlay predicted at current prices to payback in 9 years. Who knows what the energy market will look like in the next few years but I am taking the gamble to jump in with both feet.

Buck

Guru
From the same company? What discount did they offer if I can ask?

I’ve got a couple of quotes in myself but won’t be able to discuss this with the suppliers until next week.

8.3kW single array with 9.5kW battery for approx £13,400 or

9.96kW over 2 arrays with 9.5kW battery coming in around £14,800 inc optimisers as two separate arrays.

Includes 415w PV panels. Givenergy Hybrid inverter, MyEddi immersion divert and all installed with 25yr guarantee.

Approx payback is 8-9 years.

On the surface and comparing to another company I have had a quote from this seems better value and install in next 12 weeks.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
From the same company? What discount did they offer if I can ask?

I’ve got a couple of quotes in myself but won’t be able to discuss this with the suppliers until next week.

8.3kW single array with 9.5kW battery for approx £13,400 or

9.96kW over 2 arrays with 9.5kW battery coming in around £14,800 inc optimisers as two separate arrays.

Includes 415w PV panels. Givenergy Hybrid inverter, MyEddi immersion divert and all installed with 25yr guarantee.

Approx payback is 8-9 years.

On the surface and comparing to another company I have had a quote from this seems better value and install in next 12 weeks.

Yes, the same company, came down from an initial ridiculous quote of over 15K. Assuming they are Tier 1 panels I think yours is better value than mine.

D

Deleted member 26715

Solarfast?

D

Deleted member 26715

No. This one‘s First4Solar.

If the 25 year guarantee is important to you I'd ask to see the t&c's as I was not convinced Solarfast were being truthful, they also claimed they'd factored in the panels needing to be replaced between 15 - 20 years which they would do under warranty, maybe the cynic in me but it sounded like snake oil

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If the 25 year guarantee is important to you I'd ask to see the t&c's as I was not convinced Solarfast were being truthful, they also claimed they'd factored in the panels needing to be replaced between 15 - 20 years which they would do under warranty, maybe the cynic in me but it sounded like snake oil

I was under the impression that SolarFast was a 10 year warranty. The spec of their DMEGC panels say 12 year manufacturers warranty and 25 year warranty of 84.8% power. I am not sure what happens if it fails on year 13 as it is out of manufacturers warranty but inside the 84.8% output warranty.

The Guardian view on rare earths: mining them can’t cost the Earth

"Climate solutions – such as solar energy, wind energy and electric vehicles – depend on rare earth elements, which have unique magnetic and luminescent properties. The trouble is that their production and disposal is environmentally destructive. It is worrying, therefore, that the European Union this week said that it wants lower regulatory barriers to mining raw materials needed for a green transition.

To get to net zero, Europe will require up to 26 times the amount of rare earth metals in 2050 compared with today.

Mining for rare earth minerals generates large volumes of toxic and radioactive material.

Over the next three decades “we will need to mine more mineral ores than humans have extracted over the last 70,000 years”."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...pc=U531&cvid=f905f20fb7914fed8784affebb74af76

Top Bottom