Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
I'm contemplating adding batteries to take me up to 20kWh but I feel it will only work when I can get onto one of the octopus cheap rate overnight tariffs.

Prices have gone up from what I paid at install and I'll have to include vat on any additional batteries. Hopefully the prices will stabilise next year.

In the summer my current batteries are fully charged by 11am. 20kWh would be charged by about 3pm leaving me an export of about 10-20kWh when the agile outgoing prices are highest.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just 2.6kwhs today…..but around 2kwh was exported, will no tmrw when i check my octopus account

Hebe

getting better all the time
Fair enough that’s a fair bit of storage . Do you max out your existing battery spring/summer ?

It only went in a couple of weeks back but yes, on sunny days we're filling up what we have by 2/3 ish. The plan eventually is to have the kind of tariff that will allow us to top up batteries and/or car from the grid at cheaper rates. So we'll be able to store cheaper grid electric when the weather is not great.

D

Deleted member 26715

Is the Growatt monitoring website & App down?

D

Deleted member 26715

Need to go look at the inverter/dongle then, stopped at 08:05

D

Deleted member 26715

Back online now, note to self, ignore it, get on with life

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Nice bright sunshine up here currently......hopefully for next few days too

Alex321

Veteran
Yeh my DNO letter came from the national grid.....but i didn't need permission to fit my system as its under 3.7kw, we only needed to tell them after it was fitted. So a lot easier to deal with a no paperwork to lose

The DNO sent my installer a form for me to sign, accepting the contract before they will issue the MPAN. Normally this is done by the supplier on behalf of the end customer, the end customer never sees it, so not too sure why I am doing so here. But I had to print it off, sign it and scan it back in to send back to the installer, who have now sent it on to the DNO.

The DNO (who were then Western Power Distribution) did have to be told about mine before installation, which was on a G99 rather than G98 because of the size. But I know that happened properly, because I've seen the letter from the DNO confirming it.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The DNO sent my installer a form for me to sign, accepting the contract before they will issue the MPAN. Normally this is done by the supplier on behalf of the end customer, the end customer never sees it, so not too sure why I am doing so here. But I had to print it off, sign it and scan it back in to send back to the installer, who have now sent it on to the DNO.

The DNO (who were then Western Power Distribution) did have to be told about mine before installation, which was on a G99 rather than G98 because of the size. But I know that happened properly, because I've seen the letter from the DNO confirming it.

at least its getting sorted now....

for me octopus are now showing my export figures, so it will be nice to see how that goes over the next few weeks and months.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Battery at 84% and still trying to charge despite a leaden sky. Might be able to get some charge in the car too if the showers pass.

Top Bottom