Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
It got grey here as well and a little rain. Didn't quite charge the batteries as my wife put the towels in the tumble dryer.

Still 13kWh today and another hour to get a little more.

Alex321

Veteran
Dont they calculate at 85% effieciency???

They used the MCS standard method.

I take it you have a G99 installation not G98?

Yes.

CXRAndy

Guru
The limit is more than my system can produce. I think it is 16kW, but not too sure.

The DNO must have decent network up to substation or you're the only solar producer in the vicinity. Its a case of first come gets the allocation.

If your neighbour wanted a big solar array and it tipped the DNO's network to over capacity all upgrade costs the DNO wanted would be down to him. Its seems unfair that all newer costs come down to the last system to be installed.

I reckon from early communication with my DNO, I will be export limiting (if they agree) or off grid install

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just the 5.8kwh for us today after a dark, wet slow start to the day

Alex321

Veteran
The DNO must have decent network up to substation or you're the only solar producer in the vicinity. Its a case of first come gets the allocation.

If your neighbour wanted a big solar array and it tipped the DNO's network to over capacity all upgrade costs the DNO wanted would be down to him. Its seems unfair that all newer costs come down to the last system to be installed.
I never knew that. It does seem unfair if that is true.

It seems odd that the limit is set high enough that is likely to be an issue.

I reckon from early communication with my DNO, I will be export limiting (if they agree) or off grid install

We haven't done either of those.

kipster

Guru
Yesterday was an odd day, a whole bunch of sunshine topped and tailed with thunderstorms and torrential rain.

Still managed 15kWh and got the batteries fully charged.

Today is off to a great start ☀️

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Yesterday was an odd day, a whole bunch of sunshine topped and tailed with thunderstorms and torrential rain.

i dont think i will get much today....its dark and wet

Alex321

Veteran

Ours got pretty well fully charged yesterday, even though as you say, it was thoroughly wet later - I got soaked on the last few miles of my bike ride :sad:

At the moment, our battery charge is going down - mostly because the washing machine is running, and it is wet & dull.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

just refreshed todays production and my 3.2kwh system is pulling 2.8kw at the moment.....the system does surprise me now and again, with looking outside and seeing it not very sunny, but still pulling 2.8kw

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
just refreshed todays production and my 3.2kwh system is pulling 2.8kw at the moment.....the system does surprise me now and again, with looking outside and seeing it not very sunny, but still pulling 2.8kw

That is quite impressive!

Unless one of my premium bonds gives me a big win, I am unlikely to have the money to invest in solar energy, but it interests me.

How much power would it typically generate on gloomy days in December or January?

kipster

Guru
That is quite impressive!

Unless one of my premium bonds gives me a big win, I am unlikely to have the money to invest in solar energy, but it interests me.

How much power would it typically generate on gloomy days in December or January?

HTTPS://Pvwatts.nrel.gov is calculator / prediction tool

It reckons I will get 407kWh for October and I'm currently at 418kWh for October but it's been a pretty sunny one so far.

It is predicting 148kWh for December (about 4.8kWh a day) and 216kWh for January (7kWh a day).

I have a 7kw array.

D

Deleted member 26715

HTTPS://Pvwatts.nrel.gov is calculator / prediction tool

It reckons I will get 407kWh for October and I'm currently at 418kWh for October but it's been a pretty sunny one so far.

It is predicting 148kWh for December (about 4.8kWh a day) and 216kWh for January (7kWh a day).

I have a 7kw array.

Interesting mine came back as 205 for October, system tells me we've already done 279, a 4.8 array.

Top Bottom