Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
good luck on the loan request. but how long would it take to pay that money back if your a high end user and not exporting much??

Could be a long might be short timespan . All the projected quotes I had saw me break even at approx 12 years. However energy is not going to get cheaper anytime soon ! So this will at least save me a few quid . At 6500kWh a year going by figures it’s going to save me something !

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
We were in the fortunate position of having plenty of cash. Not sure interest free loans are available in Wales, and we'd rather not take out an interest bearing loan.

For us it was £20K for 10.14kW PV array and 16kWh battery plus all associated bits and install.

I have the money as well but I’d rather take it interest free . Even pay it off early if it’s annoying !

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
With rain most of the day, it wasnt the best days for solar production, but still covered our daily usage of 2.8kwh

D

Deleted member 26715

As we not exporting yet, im ok with the low production, as long as we cover the daytime usage.

Yes it's very annoying, I've asked my installers to provide a 2nd battery until they get their fingers out, but it isn't going to happen.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
13.5 today and yesterday for me

Would love just a full day of sun to see what it could produce…..wishful thinking this time of the year lol

D

Deleted member 26715

Yep another 12.1 again today, long may it continue, but I suspect it won't

Hebe

getting better all the time
Just over 14kwh here, of which we used 9.06kwh. Everyone is at home for half term/working from home so it didn’t cover all our daytime usage. The battery is now covering evening usage nicely though. Our first full day of solar but did have the installers here for a couple of hours ironing out a couple of problems.

Alex321

Veteran
Yesterday 15.42kWh, today 20.17 (which will increase as we take from the battery during the evening). We exported 10.98kWh today, as the battery was full about 1:00pm.

D

Deleted member 26715

I said it wouldn't last :sad:

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 08.34.14.png

Hebe

getting better all the time
The battery is still half full after running the house overnight. Weather is a bit grim today, will be interesting to see how much charge the battery picks up from the panels, if any.

kipster

Guru
The battery is still half full after running the house overnight. Weather is a bit grim today, will be interesting to see how much charge the battery picks up from the panels, if any.

We dropped to 22% left in the batteries overnight, I don't think we will fully charge today.

Top Bottom