Solar Production Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

The battery is still half full after running the house overnight. Weather is a bit grim today, will be interesting to see how much charge the battery picks up from the panels, if any.

That's brilliant, ours ends up each morning less that 10%, currently 7%, just looking it was depleted before 11pm last night, which is a little unusual it's normally 2am before it empties, but we used the cooker & washer after the sun went down.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My installation documents will be with me in 2 days....so can set-up the octopus outgoing then, we wont export much at this time of the year......but as tesco says " every little helps"

kipster

Guru
My installation documents will be with me in 2 days....so can set-up the octopus outgoing then, we wont export much at this time of the year......but as tesco says " every little helps"

I'm expecting my electric and gas bills today, and fingers crossed my export credit. It will all help inform me what my direct debit should be set to moving forward. I haven't changed it since I had solar installed so have built up quite a credit with Octopus.

Alex321

Veteran
That's brilliant, ours ends up each morning less that 10%, currently 7%, just looking it was depleted before 11pm last night, which is a little unusual it's normally 2am before it empties, but we used the cooker & washer after the sun went down.

If ours reached full charge during the day, it usually drops to something in the 60's overnight.

It has turned sunny here now, and it is charging up again, with 4.54kW being generated and only 680W being used.

kipster

Guru
If ours reached full charge during the day, it usually drops to something in the 60's overnight.

It has turned sunny here now, and it is charging up again, with 4.54kW being generated and only 680W being used.

Cloudy here at the moment. Battery down to 16%, I drink too much tea and the dishwasher and washing machine are on.

Producing 410w and consuming 410w

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me

still raining up here in the mountains :sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

It's addictive, the rain has currently stopped & were up to 320W, but the grandkids have arrived so the TV has gone on so we're still in negative, but less so if we didn't have the panels

kipster

Guru
Only 8.2kWh today, didn't even charge the battery very much so will be importing from the grid later :sad:

D

Deleted member 26715

4.1kWh we might just see 4.2kWh, but we're already onto the battery which is below 20% so definitely going to be gridding, probably just to cook tea.

kipster

Guru
Anybody else on Octopus signed up for the Savings sessions? I got an invite today so signed up. I don't think it'll amount to much due to solar and not using much from the grid so not much to save.

D

Deleted member 26715

Anybody else on Octopus signed up for the Savings sessions? I got an invite today so signed up. I don't think it'll amount to much due to solar and not using much from the grid so not much to save.

Just arrived in my inbox, not opened it yet

Hebe

getting better all the time
About 5.5 kwh, thanks to some late afternoon sunshine. Got the battery up to 61% but it’s discharging now while I use the oven. Weather looks a bit better tomorrow.

A question for you Solar peeps.
We currently use about 9Kwh a day for the house and about 10Kwh for the car - so 19 total.

Is it possible to charge the car direct from the Grid at night and not from say your battery attached to the solar ? As then I'd pretty much be able to run the house off of the stored electric on a good day and not have to import so much ?

We would be looking at getting a 10kwh battery and I believe a 3.5 or 4kwh panel array.

kipster

Guru
A question for you Solar peeps.
We currently use about 9Kwh a day for the house and about 10Kwh for the car - so 19 total.

Is it possible to charge the car direct from the Grid at night and not from say your battery attached to the solar ? As then I'd pretty much be able to run the house off of the stored electric on a good day and not have to import so much ?

We would be looking at getting a 10kwh battery and I believe a 3.5 or 4kwh panel array.

Are you with octopus? They have an octopus Go and intelligent octopus tariffs for EVs and you can charge up overnight for on cheaper rates than normal (12p a kwh for go and 10p on intelligent octopus) If you also get solar batteries you can also charge them overnight on the same tariff. The solar batteries can also charge from the panels but it would be beneficial to charge the batteries from the grid overnight as well.

I don't have an EV so not on either of those tariffs

Top Bottom