Solid verses pneumatic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just think a old bike fitted with them for potential buyers to try them would be good.
To find out that the ride is rubbish.

simongt

Guru
In the early seventies, an episode of Tomorrow's World demonstrated a new type of 'sponge' for want of a better description, that could be put inside any tubeless tyre, heated and it would expand to take up the entire air space inside said tyre. Bingo - ! Puncture proof tyres - ! :okay: And with particular application to the military and other parties who get shot at - ! ^_^
As far as I'm aware, the idea sank without trace. :whistle:

OP
OP
B

Biker man

In the early seventies, an episode of Tomorrow's World demonstrated a new type of 'sponge' for want of a better description, that could be put inside any tubeless tyre, heated and it would expand to take up the entire air space inside said tyre. Bingo - ! Puncture proof tyres - ! :okay: And with particular application to the military and other parties who get shot at - ! ^_^
As far as I'm aware, the idea sank without trace. :whistle:
Well people are trying things I take my hat to people that try.

OP
OP
B

Biker man

Very true. Folk keep on working on something and eventually the skill, materials and techno come together. :okay:
Exactly they should be given a clap for trying.

I was fascinated by these tyres we spotted in china. Anyone had riding experience of them?

1636222910729.jpeg

keithmac

Guru
I've tried Tannus Regular tyres and they were far too hard for my liking.

If you're getting multiple punctures then the do the job but not comfortable imho.

Top Bottom