Some Brompton questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I can ride my standard S3L happily, with not the best knees, in the foothills of the Pennines with draggy drawn out inclines and nasty short sharp shocks I've not done Cragg Vale yet on it but in and out of Littleborough and meandering round the hilly borders of Manchester, Lancashire and West Yorkshire is ok.

I have to hold back a tad to avoid spinning out in 3rd on flats and just let gravity take its course on big downhills. I wouldn't mind a couple more teeth on the chainring to give me a little more top speed oomph but 90+% of the time I'm absolutely happy with the 3.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Well, I put the order in yesterday.

He wasn't sure how long it was going to take - anyone know of current waiting lists for custom Bromptons?

CaptainWheezy

Über Member

He wasn't sure how long it was going to take - anyone know of current waiting lists for custom Bromptons?

Mine took 6 weeks to the day and that was ordered mid April. Probably not the best time as I can imagine there to be a rush people using the cycle to work scheme to fund them (I did anyway).

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Don't worry about the time, a Brompton is a bike for life, not just for Christmas.

I'm being serious, once you have one, there's no need to replace it for many years.

RMurphy195

I have a P6R, bought more to carry in a small car to places such as the Tissing and High Peak trails which can be exposed and windy in parts, I wanted the flexibility of the dropped bars on my tourer. That means I can shift my hands and posture about when riding - and since journeys take longer on the Brommi cos its slower, I need to shift hand positions more often!

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
Well, I've just been in touch with the shop and they reckon it will be here on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to pick it up until the weekend after as I work in London and can't get there during working hours.

OP
OP
Kell

Kell

Veteran
So I waved bye bye to Dora the Explorer this morning. Returned her to the docking station at Turnham Green.

187 miles on it this month (according to Strava)

11823052_10152887470071021_5398916698223369951_o.jpg

Top Bottom