some good flying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikie

Über Member
Pretty good flying by the air ambulance in my home town on Tuesday.Put it down on the high street. It was also blowing a gail here which wouldn't have helped.

2009_0908shotsfirst0004.jpg

25ilvdl.jpg

Wigsie

Nincompoop
How much are the apartments above pound stretcher going for?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
All the folks with cameras in the second pic make it look like some kind of act or worship...
Must have been serious, hope whoever it was is ok

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
longers said:
That is good flying xx(

Hope the person they were picking up is ok.
The one that always does my head in is when they're out at sea, picking people up from a boat or a rig or something, in a force 8 gale, and they're 'hovering' perfectly in position - which of course means they're actually flying into the wind at about 63 MPH....but so precisely that they stay exactly where they need to be. It's one of those things that makes you want to just take your hat off and applaud.

longers

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99']The one that always does my head in is when they're out at sea, picking people up from a boat or a rig or something, in a force 8 gale, and they're 'hovering' perfectly in position - which of course means they're actually flying into the wind at about 63 MPH....but so precisely that they stay exactly where they need to be. It's one of those things that makes you want to just take your hat off and applaud.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and the long line rescues they do in the mountains battling updrafts from the faces they're trying to dangle a bloke on a very long wire very precisely against.

Glad the bloke is "ok".

Globalti

Legendary Member
Where's the van that hit the old bloke? Is that it with Ambulance written on the front?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Very skilled - but then you don't get to pilot one of those whithout being a pretty good pilot, like ex-military (helicopters being so much harder to fly even than fixed wings 'planes), and when you think about the size of helipads on rigs/ships etc, I don't suppose the mini roundabout was so much smaller...

The thing that gets me, seeing those helicopter rescue shoes on telly, is when they are trying to land on a steep mountainside, and having to watch the rotors against the slope of the hill above, and sometimes then have to hold it balanced on one wheel/skid while the medics get out, because the ledge they've landed on is so small...

Top Bottom