Some of Buckinghamshire is flat - 29th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Hi Charlie, I'll be interested in this ride, if I can find a sensible way of getting over from the Cambridge area for the 10 am start. (Idea - train to Stevenage then it's about 23 miles to Berkhamsted - should be nicely warmed up by the time I get there). Will confirm nearer the time but you can put me down as a 'probable'.

MisterStan

Label Required
Hi Charlie, I'll be interested in this ride, if I can find a sensible way of getting over from the Cambridge area for the 10 am start. (Idea - train to Stevenage then it's about 23 miles to Berkhamsted - should be nicely warmed up by the time I get there). Will confirm nearer the time but you can put me down as a 'probable'.

Can you put me down as a possible too please? Will probably join robjh at Stevenage for a 'warm up' if that's OK with him?!

robjh

Legendary Member
Can you put me down as a possible too please? Will probably join robjh at Stevenage for a 'warm up' if that's OK with him?!

I've noticed that Hitchin is slightly closer than Stevenage, and route-finding might be easier even while avoiding the A505, but I'd be happy to have a riding partner for the 'warm-up'.

I might have a conflict on that weekend so I'm not yet a 100% definite, but I'll post on here one way or the other.

MisterStan

Label Required
I've noticed that Hitchin is slightly closer than Stevenage, and route-finding might be easier even while avoiding the A505, but I'd be happy to have a riding partner for the 'warm-up'.

I might have a conflict on that weekend so I'm not yet a 100% definite, but I'll post on here one way or the other.
Hitched would be fine with me. Still need to get a pass from the boss...

OP
OP
CharlieB

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Ok. Recce #2 done. Still not happy with the distance, as I think it could be a mite longer, but I have some scenic detour ideas without any unnecessary climbing to deploy. In the meantime it looks like http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1658858. It looked a whole lot better when I opened it on my iMac at home than on my work pc. It fitted the screen better and the profile was visible.

Lunch stop is probably going to be at The Black Boy in Oving at 27 miles (their site at http://www.theblackboyoving.com/ is under construction), but they have an entry at
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g4728443-d1232419-Reviews-The_Black_Boy-Oving_Buckinghamshire_England.html

PS - how do you get linkys to to appear like this?

PS - how do you get linkys to to appear like this?

On the web page you want to copy, do Ctrl C to copy the full web address, then type away your text in a posting, and when you get to the bit you want to work as a hyperlink, left click and go over the word to highlight it, then click on the link symbol which is now available on the toolbar above your text (insert/edit link - 6th icon from the right on the second line), then paste in the web page, click insert, and there you go.

Ok. Recce #2 done. Still not happy with the distance, as I think it could be a mite longer, but I have some scenic detour ideas without any unnecessary climbing to deploy.

At mile 15, you could always carry on north to Wing, plus we could throw in a diversion to the site of London's 3rd airport. You could also extend it just before 30 miles, to drop down though Haddenham, Ford, then along Kemblewick Road to rejoin your route at the original 35 mile mark.

Top Bottom