Some of Buckinghamshire is flat - 29th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

Wouldn't worry mate you can sit at the back with me.

I can vouch for Mark sitting at the back - just make sure he doesn't attach a rope so you end up pulling him along!!!! ;)

fabregas485

I have a few questions.
Bike locks (should I bring them)
Should I bring inner tubes just in case, if so I should most likely buy a small pump

Kies

Always always carry inner tube or two, tyre levers, pump and multi tool. I wouldn't bother with a lock. I have a cafe lock and we will keep the bikes within eye shot at all times

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Wahey. All being well I should have my posh new bike for this. Look out 21st century, here I come!

Edit. Duh. Got the dates wrong, I don't get it til the weekend after.
But wahey anyway.

Last edited:
Wahey. All being well I should have my posh new bike for this. Look out 21st century, here I come!

Edit. Duh. Got the dates wrong, I don't get it til the weekend after.
But wahey anyway.
Wahey indeed!! Mine should be ready 3 weeks after this ride - can't wait!

I am going to invest in a co2 pump and see what all the fuse is about. I doubt it will ever get used, but its good to have just in case. Does this one look any good? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-trigger-drive-inflator-with-co2-cartridge/

No - you're better off getting something like the Innovation one shown here, which encloses the cartridge, so you don't risk freezing your hand. Also don't buy cartridges from the usual online bike shops. They're far cheaper bought from catering supplies places, where if you buy larger quantities, they end up costing around 75p each (compared with £1.75). Try here.

fabregas485

I am thinking I may just get a decent mini pump, as it will only be used if I get a puncture which is unlikely with the schwalbe durano plus I use, but is still possible.

Kies

Rule 1 of cycling mate. Decent pump, set of levers,multitool,inner tube, all into a saddle bag. Never leave home without it :-)

Top Bottom