Some of Buckinghamshire is flat - 29th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kies

I use a medium saddle bag and it fits inside for the hybrid. On the best bike a slightly longer Giant pump is fitted under the bottle cage. (Small saddle bag)
Both methods are acceptable IMO.

The main point being these items are a minimum requirement for cyclist if you don't wish to do the dreaded walk home of shame

martint235

Dog on a bike
If your coming up the A5 to St.Albans I can meet you in Hemel and take us to Berkhamstead
I'll probably cut off the A5 before Elstree and head direct to Berkhamstead on the A41. I've got it as being around 40 miles from my house so less than 3 hours.

OP
OP
CharlieB

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I'll probably cut off the A5 before Elstree and head direct to Berkhamstead on the A41. I've got it as being around 40 miles from my house so less than 3 hours.
Just warning you it's a fast dual carriageway that sees its share of boy racers at times. Difficult to predict what it'd be like at around 10 on a Sunday morning, personally I'd go for the old road (A4251).

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just warning you it's a fast dual carriageway that sees its share of boy racers at times. Difficult to predict what it'd be like at around 10 on a Sunday morning, personally I'd go for the old road (A4251).

Thanks for the heads up. But you know me....... :hello:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Im out of this ride im afraid Charlie my fitness is way below par (as you witnessed this morning) and my left calf is destroyed after today. Hope all goes smoothly and the weather gods are pleasant.

Just realized you changed the date of this ride from the 15th to the 29th :blush:

Last edited:

fabregas485

Im out of this ride im afraid Charlie my fitness is way below par (as you witnessed this morning) and my left calf is destroyed after today. Hope all goes smoothly and the weather gods are pleasant.

Just realized you changed the date of this ride from the 15th to the 29th :blush:
I am fearful of the same thing, my fitness is not the best at the moment.

OP
OP
CharlieB

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Hadn't forgotten this, @User13710!
Not changing the distance at 52 miles, as I am aware it may start to get a little dark (sunset 18:43).
Usual rules apply - we're all mixed ability and no-one gets left behind. TMN - you'll be fine!

Start: Berkhamsted station at 10:30, Sun 29 September. Train times are as below, and no engineering works on the line are reported for the day.

Euston Berkhamsted
09:24 09:53
09:34 10:10
09:54 10:22
10:04 10:40

I don't think I've missed anyone, but the list so far is:
Mark st1
Ianrauk
Martint235
Rebecca O
LiloLee
DavyW
StuAff
Snail Bait
Nicci T
fabregas485
Flying Dodo
RebeccaOlds
gbs
kies
CoG
Dogtrousers
robjh
StuartG
Tim Hall
Eddie_C
jayonabike
Mister Stan
toptom
redflightuk
User10571
Me

Possibles?
User13710
Davidg
rb58
topcat1
Trickedem

I will circulate my phone number next week.

Last edited:

Tim Hall

Sorry, Charlie, I'm looking very unlikely for this, as I've got a Scout camp. I tried putting the little sods off, but they took no notice.

robjh

Legendary Member
Hi Charlie
I'm looking less likely for this too, as I'm planning on joining TC's jaunt in the Welsh borders on the Friday so probably won't get to do the two in one weekend. We need to get better coordinated!

Question for @StuAff , are you planning on doing both?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hi Charlie
I'm looking less likely for this too, as I'm planning on joining TC's jaunt in the Welsh borders on the Friday so probably won't get to do the two in one weekend. We need to get better coordinated!

Question for @StuAff , are you planning on doing both?

I am indeed. Definitely doing Claud's ride, no problem to make this as well.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
In order not to show anyone up, I will do an impression of someone who hasn't done all that much riding lately and doesn't go very fast. I could, of course, shame you all. But I won't.

Top Bottom