Some of Buckinghamshire is flat - 29th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I forgot the date had been changed so hence my ramblings about cancelling last weekend :blush:. My grandchild is due on or around the 27th of this month (so any time now really). As long as nothing happens there i am definitely attending this.

Kies

2659372 said:
Leave off, you are not old enough for that.

He has a baby face ;-)

U

User10571

CharlieB, I'm very much a poss rather than a deffo for this, and decision making will be left to the last moment unfortunately.
Work has taken on a ballistic turn as of this week (new product launch and all that goes with that....)

J

Really looking forward to this! The only thing that might make me bail is a very WINDY forecast, especially as we're cycling from home to the start (and back at the end), which is the hilliest part(s) of the entire day.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thinking of cycling up. @martint235 fancy it?

StuartG

slower but further
Thinking of cycling up. @martint235 fancy it?
I don't but if you change your mind I think I have found the cycliest friendly way from Sarf London is to take any train to Clapham Junction and link up with the 09:15 Southern service to Milton Keynes. This connects with the London Midland 10:10 from Watford Junction which gets you to CharlieWorld at 10:22.

Oh and Watford - Berkhamstead return on the day is £4.15 with railcard.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I don't but if you change your mind I think I have found the cycliest friendly way from Sarf London is to take any train to Clapham Junction and link up with the 09:15 Southern service to Milton Keynes. This connects with the London Midland 10:10 from Watford Junction which gets you to CharlieWorld at 10:22.

Easiest for us SE Londoners Stuart, (if I was to get a train that is) (I will be getting a train home) is to cycle to Euston and train direct from there.

StuartG

slower but further
Easiest for us SE Londoners Stuart, (if I was to get a train that is) (I will be getting a train home) is to cycle to Euston and train direct from there.
Yea, well I rode that route for ten or more years and Crystal Palace Hill didn't make it easy or a pleasure then. And pleasure is wot I'm in2.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yea, well I rode that route for ten or more years and Crystal Palace Hill didn't make it easy or a pleasure then. And pleasure is wot I'm in2.

No need for Crystal Palace route.
A21, A2 or A200, Over Blackfriars and up to Euston. Easy peasy and very fast.

Top Bottom