Someone didn't want me to cycle this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
10:30 am - set off from house on a ride with wife and daughter

10:30 am - closed the back gate and heard hissing from tyre. Stopped, front tyre flat.

10:31 am - hissing from rear tyre.

Between 10:31 and around 11:45 am - Went something like:
Remove tyres to look at 2 rips along the seams. Two attempts at fixing punctures with patches failed. Gave up and threw the innertubes away. Put new ones in. Now down to a single spare innertube.

11:44 am - Attempt to pump up tyres. Track pump stops working.

11:45 am - Track pump seen flying through the air towards the brick walled garage.

11:46 am - Pieces of track pump picked up and put in the bin with the 2 innertubes.

12 pm - visit Halfords - buy 2 spare innertubes and a Joe Blow 2 track pump.

12:15 pm - pump tyres up.

12:30 pm - leave house for bike ride.

I am still not sure what was up with the inners, only plausible explanation appears to be they were shite and split at the seam. Note, no shards of glass or thorns in the tyres. No debris found lying on the floor between back garden and gate.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
You went to Halfords. FFS:headshake::pump::thumbsdown:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
11:45 am - Track pump seen flying through the air towards the brick walled garage.

11:46 am - Pieces of track pump picked up and put in the bin with the 2 innertubes.
Brilliant, could just see me do exactly that, I tossed a wheel in temper at the roadside after changing the tube and ripping the new tube at the valve, had to climb over a small fence to get the fecker back once I had calmed down

Top Bottom