Someone texted me a rude picture!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just received a shot of a boob by text. I've read about this but didn't really pay much attention, thinking it would never happen to me. Googling tells me it's a scam and you pay £4.50 just to receive the text. I have blocked the number on my Galaxy, was that the right thing to do? Others say you should text STOP to "opt out" but I'm reluctant to acknowledge the text in any way.

Anybody got any words of wisdom? I can't ask on Singletrack where there are loads of savvy people because right now that site is having a problem with unwanted redirects to dodgy sports websites.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Just the one boob?

Dave7

Legendary Member
You MUST text stop. I was getting similar but they went into my spam box (which I didn't know existed) so I was unaware they were arriving........I ended up paying over £100 in charges**.
**Illness and other problems meant I hadn't checked my bank account for several months.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I would ring the customer service people at my phone company and ask them whether I have been charged, and if so, to credit it me back. This is an out & out scam, and the phone companies know they're on very thin ice. (They don't act on it because they share in the proceeds.) And insist that they block this number. No way should you have to pay for something you never bought.

classic33

Leg End Member
You MUST text stop. I was getting similar but they went into my spam box (which I didn't know existed) so I was unaware they were arriving........I ended up paying over £100 in charges**.
**Illness and other problems meant I hadn't checked my bank account for several months.
Problem there is that you reveal the number is live, leaving yourself open for more. The reply can cost upto £10, with no guarantee they'll heed the "Stop".

I'd go with @swee'pea99's suggestion of going through the provider. They have the ability to block it in their system but choose not to.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a work phone so I will talk to them on Monday.
Check if anyone else with a works phone got the same message.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Here's another one for balance....

IMG_2219.JPG

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not necessarily, I could block numbers on my old Samsung but I cannot on my Sony Xperia.

I think you can.
How do you block a number on a Sony Xperia?
Block a Number
  1. From the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Contacts.
  3. Tap the Add a contact icon.
  4. Edit the required contact, name and number to be blocked.
  5. Tap the Menu icon.
  6. Tap All calls to voicemail.
  7. Tap Done.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I think you can.
How do you block a number on a Sony Xperia?
Block a Number
  1. From the home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Contacts.
  3. Tap the Add a contact icon.
  4. Edit the required contact, name and number to be blocked.
  5. Tap the Menu icon.
  6. Tap All calls to voicemail.
  7. Tap Done.

Never seen that option. However it is not really blocking as you would like and you still get the notification if a message left. A useful option though ta.:okay:

Top Bottom