Somerset Cycle Ride,like the Larndan ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hmm.. it will mean getting up early ... there is an 8.30 train from Temple Meads that gets in at 9.09, but then there is a big gap until next 2 trains are 10.39 and 10.49 into Highbridge so I guess I would just have to make the effort!

johnnyh

Veteran
think I would need to put the bike in/on the car.

According to the rail journey planner I would need to leave at 21.29 on the 21st Feb to be in Highbridge by 10 on the 22nd.

ho hum, creating an carbon footprint seems the only way.

radger

Veteran
I'd be up for it, but it's dependent on me actually getting my bike roadworthy again (necessitating quite a lot of spending on my part). And some other factors.

I reckon I shall bring down the average speed quite a lot, having hardly ridden my bike for the past 15 months.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Somerset... err.... well I am assuming this is the Levels .... but not knowing the route they could include a bump...

peanut

johnnyh said:
as a newish type to this lark and running round on a Giant Boulder and not a road bike, would I be shunned as a leper or tolerated as a fool? :thumbsup:

sorry no lepers or hunchbacks :biggrin:

I'm up for it . The pace will need to be slooooow cos I've only 100 miles since I got back on me bike after a back problem. (had hunch removed );)
Actually thats a good route you've picked maggot. Nice and flat .There are a few hills near Wookey but the road follows the base of the hills so no big climbs

GrahamG said:
Tentative maybe - got visitors that weekend so Saturday night may be a bit of a party night.
Nowt like a bike ride to blow away a raging hangover.* :smile:
Pencil us in. We'll just have to get off our flabby bums and embrace the dawn.

Should we move this to Rides? It keeps falling off the page.

* - this may be a lie....:evil::biggrin:

Top Bottom