Somerset Cycle Ride,like the Larndan ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'd be careful about asking chuffy that... next thing he'll be telling you about a wee ride he organises each year .... which I would love to do but I am too daunted by - I must turn up to the start this year though.

cyclenic said:
and chuffy, can you recomend me any good rides? but more west of exeter if you can.
Tricky really, I just get an OS map and plot a route for Baggy and myself. Your best bet is to contact the local CTC. I think they ride out of Newton Armpit and they should be able to help. Graham Brodie is yer man to ask.

Summerdays - The Exodus? :laugh: Give it a go. Or you could help out at one of the stops, that would be much appreciated.

Sorry Maggot, back to you...

peanut

User76 said:
about 20-30 miles, at little above a snails pace, with at least 1 stop on the way round. Sound good?

snail overtook me yesterday:blush:

be good to see the route Maggot;)

radger

Veteran
Unfortunately, due to some overenthusiastic paying of bills earlier this month, I don't think I have the required funds to make my bike roadworthy until next payday, which is 4 days after this planned ride. Having to eat is such a PITA :biggrin:

peanut

yep no escape hahahaha :biggrin:

I've got lots of bike bits spare what do you need to finish your bike off. We could have a pre -ride techy session and build your bike :rolleyes:

peanut

User76 said:
Er OK, this is looking good isn't it?

As we are definitely going to do this I shall post a more accurate route plan up for discussion,

As things stand then, we are looking at about 9.30-10ish at Highbridge train station, about 20-30 miles, at little above a snails pace, with at least 1 stop on the way round. Sound good?

User76 is this still on for Sunday week? have you got any idea of the route yet ? it would be nice to see where we will be going in advance.
Is there safe parking near the station?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm looking less likely ... Mr Summerdays seems to have arranged to go and see his parents that weekend (we were meant to be going this weekend - we haven't seen them since before Christmas). I had to point out that we were committed to a wedding on the Sat.... which leaves the Sunday.

And to top it all... I came down with a cold overnight... coughing at the moment. And feeling sorry for myself.

If I don't make it I'm really sorry and would love to come on a future date if you aren't put off by drop-outs like me.

I should be there, might even manage to persuade Ms RT to come along. If I B&B it, I'll be staying in Cheddar the night before, so anyone who fancies a shedload of beer few pints is welcome to join me.:smile:

radger

Veteran
I still can't say - I'd put me down as a no-show for now as I have finally got a physio appointment this week for my knees and I still have no front brake, tyres or inner tubes :smile:

johnnyh

Veteran
Just wondering if it might be possible to start planning a ride for sometime after this one. (cause I feel kinda bad I cant be there)

Perhaps those that go could discuss it?

peanut

johnnyh said:
Just wondering if it might be possible to start planning a ride for sometime after this one. (cause I feel kinda bad I cant be there)

Perhaps those that go could discuss it?

yeah we'll take lots of pictures of all the carrot cake you missed hee hee:biggrin:

peanut

radger said:
I still can't say - I'd put me down as a no-show for now as I have finally got a physio appointment this week for my knees and I still have no front brake, tyres or inner tubes :biggrin:

no excuses radger I've got a spare front brake caliper and tube I'm sure someone has a spare tube and tyre. Bring your bike along and we'll put it together at the station .It will only take 10 minutes .:biggrin:

Top Bottom