Somerset Cycle Ride,like the Larndan ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domino

Veteran
Hi all,

Just signed into this place just cos of this thread ;)

I'm probably a bit older than a lot (43) but recently got into cycling to lose weight and am loving it. I live near Wells/Cheddar so this thread has a lot of interest for me. Probably a bit soon to come on this ride but I'd be interested in future rides . Hope this weeks ride goes well!

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
You've got me worried now, I'm 61
ambulance.gif

Domino

Veteran
User76 said:
Where do you live Domino? At 43, you are our target audience. I am 43 as well, and I reckon 50% of the peleton will be at least as old as us:blush:

As for being a bit soon, well the speed won't be that high I promise, come along if you can:smile:

You're 43 as well!!!! Sorry about that fella ;)

I live in Westbury-Sub-Mendip, little village between Cheddar and Wells. I really think this ride is a bit too much too soon but I'd be really interested in joining in future rides!

Domino said:
You're 43 as well!!!! Sorry about that fella ;)

I live in Westbury-Sub-Mendip, little village between Cheddar and Wells. I really think this ride is a bit too much too soon but I'd be really interested in joining in future rides!

I wouldn't worry about that. My other half is coming along and she's a pottering to the shops kind of cyclist. I'm famous on this forum as being very much a lapsed cyclist and will certainly not be breaking any records, even without Ms RT to slow me down. I'm sure no one will be left behind.:?:

peanut

Domino said:
Hi all,

Just signed into this place just cos of this thread :rolleyes:

I'm probably a bit older than a lot (43) but recently got into cycling to lose weight and am loving it. I live near Wells/Cheddar so this thread has a lot of interest for me. Probably a bit soon to come on this ride but I'd be interested in future rides . Hope this weeks ride goes well!

Hi Domino
welcome to CC .
This ride will be the first time that any of us have ever met . Why not come along. I have also just started cycling again at Christmas to lose weight and I'm a bit older than you too so you'll definitely not be the oldest or the least fit either.

The whole route is flat as a pancake and the pace will be leisurely so why not Join us

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Radger ... sorry to hear about the flu... hope it gets better quickly... I felt really lousy last Thur/Fri but for once seem to be skimming the top of the cold.

Welcome Domino... I'm younger (but only by a year:rolleyes:), and its beginning to look more hopeful that I might make it. I must get around to rechecking the train times as a just in case.

peanut

Speck said:
You've got me worried now, I'm 61
ambulance.gif
yeah I've heard of you 61 year olds that are supposed to be on ya last legs but sprint off into the distance up Porlock hill like a sprightly 31 year old :rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

don't worry I'm fast catching you up ...well age-wise anyway;)

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
I wish, Peanut, I wish. My Dad used to say "there's no shame in pushing your bike up a hill". Mind you, we lived in Buxton

Have a great time you lot!

<Compton Vazey moments spring to mind for some reason...there seems to be lots of 'couple of pints beforehand' going on :rolleyes: - not like us stuck up Londoners - GPS, PSP. High5 and a cup of tea...>:biggrin:

Hope the weather stays fine too.

(Only joking London, before someone starts...;):biggrin:)

Top Bottom