Somerset Cycle Ride,like the Larndan ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
tdr1nka said:
Great to see the pic's and put faces to names, nice one User76 for putting it together and getting RT back on his bike!

Now, all we need to do is organise a big central UK ride and get all the regions together!?:biggrin::eek:

*tdr1nka goes into logistics meltdown*

Funny , great minds and all that!! I was thinking of that soleless arm pit of the UK they call Reading!! As you so rightly pointed out though Logistical nightmare!:biggrin::biggrin:

peanut

Speck said:
I didn't go behind the hedge! Now if you follow my link and hit satellite and zoom in on the Burnham Cake Stop, you will see my path to the loo as I had my garmin in my pocket.

Talking of having a leak. When I got home at 3pm I realised I hadn't taken a leak all day since 8am :smile:
3x cups of tea and a bidon It was like a dam bursting :biggrin:
It's the only problem with bibs ..such a palava to take a leak. ;)

Domino

Veteran
Nice pics folks! Sorry I couldn't make it but hope to in future. I had a few too many wines on Saturday and was a bit the worst for wear sunday morning. I consoled myself on Monday with a days leave and a new route by cycling to Burnham-on-Sea via Cheddar/A38 and then back home via Mark/Wedmore. I sat on the sea front eating a biccy and thinking "Awww bollocks".

sorry i couldn't make it plus working, looked a good day out, any plans for another ride. If so give me a shout peanut as have ltd internet access you have my mobile no i can ony receive in comming calls @ mo

Iain

Domino

Veteran
I think I may have cycled passed surfgurl the other week. Probably someone else completely but....! Long flat between Wedmore and Glastonbury. You were all in red and looking rather sexy I might add. (got a bit of a thing for girls in lycra)

cyclenic

I'm resurecting the thread. Is anyone planning a devon ride. Chuffy i'm near you. it would be great to meet up. the somerset ride looked great. :smile:

peanut

lucky you didn't come on the Somerset ride then , it turned out about 35miles I think. I know a certain part of my anatomy was a little tender :sad:
Don't worry too much about the actual mileage. If its a relatively flat route (as the Somerset ride was ) you'll find no problem in riding more than 15 miles because when you ride with others you are sheltered from the wind and that helps pull you along much easier. :biggrin:

Top Bottom