Somerset Cycle Ride,like the Larndan ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

The Crossways is fine!

surfgurl

9.30 Sunday morning at Highbridge station. I'll be there. I'm working till two in the morning, so I may be rather tired, but I will be there.

We'll be there. If we stop at Cullompton Services for a bacon/sausage/mushroom/blackpudding/hash brown butty then we might take a while to actually get going, but we'll be there. ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I am still an unknown... was out partying last night.. late in - too much drink... have the wedding to go to today... so I'm not sure what sort of state I will be in tomorrow morning - as I would have to get to Templemeads for 8.30.

Is there someone I could text in the morning to say I'm coming or not?

peanut

you have a ride organised for the next day ,early start 30 miles away . Your bike has been performing flawlessly for weeks so what do you do ??

You decide to change the bars and stem of course.:smile:

Not satisfied with that you realise you'll need to put new tape on the bars so you might as well upgrade and put the new STi shifters on you have been saving for weeks....Fantastic :rolleyes:

Of course that will mean changing the chain and as the bottom bracket has been creaking for months you might as well put the new bottom bracket and chainset on you have been meaning to do for ages.:biggrin:

If you are going this far you might as well put some nice new cables on as well.

Lemmesee now the only thing I'm not changing is the seat post :biggrin: might as well change that as well then...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Its 8.30pm and I've just got the computer left to put on and hopefully it will be finished.... phew

peanut said:
you have a ride organised for the next day ,early start 30 miles away . Your bike has been performing flawlessly for weeks so what do you do ??
Foooool! :blush:

I once stripped TC right down to the frame the night before an audax. Big mistake....
eusa_doh.gif

peanut

User76 said:
Thats weird. I would have thought it prudent to change the brake blocks as well, just in case. Oh well, your decision I suppose:evil:

Brakes..!... Brakes!...:blush::ohmy::ohmy: I need brakes ?
I thought you said it was going to be flat ??? :sad:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sorry folks ... 2 late nights with plenty of wine flowing had the expected effect and I slept in:blush: and I'm gutted knowing that its a beautiful day to be out on the bike:sad: The train has already left.

Have a great time... and hopefully I will be able to make another one. (Not sure I want to see pics of what I've missed:evil::evil:).

Top Bottom