Somerset Cycle Ride,like the Larndan ones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

it was brilliant.xx(

Lots of pics taken which hopefully will get posted soon. It was fine and dry but surprisingly windy .

Great cafe stop .Whilst we were there at least 60+ cyclists poured in from every direction whilst we scoffed our Walnut cake !

The last leg to Burnham seafront was hard work against the headwind . Everyone signed the CC jersey and Andy was the lucky bloke to take it home (not):sad:

The levels are a great place to cycle. Most of the morning we hardly saw a car.I hope we do another ride some time soon when the weather is better.
Well done maggot for organising it .10/10:thumbsup:

Splendid day chaps (and bumpy chaps, of course). Baggy and m'self are now slumped in front of a roaring fire having gorged ourselves bandy on stew and ice-cream. Calorie deficit, what calorie deficit? :biggrin:

Nice to meet you all and put some faces to names. Who's up for a bash round some of the flatter bits of Devon some time soon? :blush:

And thank you to User76 for organising with military precision. ;):blush:

andygates

Attachments

• 3301793980_d540d8b24c_m.jpg
    3301793980_d540d8b24c_m.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 35

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Rhythm Thief said:
Yes, a jolly good day. Ms RT and I had a thoroughly good time, and I may have rediscovered my cycling mojo because of this weekend. Cheers Maggot, and it was nice to meet everyone too.
Keep an eye out for a (rather hillier) ride around Monmouth soon.:biggrin:

Hmm... on the way back from the wedding we let the Sat Nav guide us back due to my inebriation (I'm normally the map reader) and as a result we saw alot of single track back roads up and down!!! around Monmouth. Though it did look nice around there.

Gutted I missed out, though my parents unexpectantly appeared too (so I didn't even get out on the bike around here:sad:)

Rhythm Thief said:
Yes, a jolly good day. Ms RT and I had a thoroughly good time, and I may have rediscovered my cycling mojo because of this weekend. Cheers Maggot, and it was nice to meet everyone too.
Keep an eye out for a (rather hillier) ride around Monmouth soon.:thumbsup:
Yay mojo! :sad:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
It was a grand day out and lovely to meet everyone.

Thanks in particular to User76 for tracking down Chuffy when he went on a little detour...;)

After pedalling down quiet country lanes we stopped for tea at one of Somerset's finest cultural attractions:
SomersetAttractions.jpg

It served tea in PROPER pots:
Tea.jpg

While we were enjoying our tea we were stalked by a suspicious looking photographer, who must surely have been after a shot of of buff, fit cyclists in their prime:
Dodgybloke.jpg

User76 then tricked Andy into taking the jersey:
TheCCJersey-1.jpg

It was well worth getting up at 6.30am for. :biggrin:

Baggy said:
Thanks in particular to User76 for tracking down Chuffy when he went on a little detour...;)
Ahem! That wasn't a detour. I was trying to retrieve an errant Rhythm Thief after he turned off. Turned out that he'd nipped behind a hedge for a wee while I sailed on past in search of him...:biggrin:

surfgurl

Chuffy said:
Ahem! That wasn't a detour. I was trying to retrieve an errant Rhythm Thief after he turned off. Turned out that he'd nipped behind a hedge for a wee while I sailed on past in search of him...:biggrin:

Polluting the waterways. Tsk! If I ever fall into the rhynes on the way to work, I know one day it will happen, I shall remember that!

T'was a very good day, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for organising it User76 and for everyone for turning up. It's got my cycling mojo back too. I'm planning a route to cycle next weekend on the back of this ride. I'll get some interval training in on the railway bridge to prepare for a Monmouth or Exeter ride!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Great to see the pic's and put faces to names, nice one User76 for putting it together and getting RT back on his bike!

Now, all we need to do is organise a big central UK ride and get all the regions together!?:biggrin::eek:

*tdr1nka goes into logistics meltdown*

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
I didn't go behind the hedge! Now if you follow my link and hit satellite and zoom in on the Burnham Cake Stop, you will see my path to the loo as I had my garmin in my pocket.

Top Bottom