Somerset Levels - Late Summer CC Ride

Which of these Sundays would you find suitable for a Somerset CC ride?

• 20th September 2009

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 27th September 2009

• 4th October 2009

• 11th October 2009

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

trustysteed said:
can i come? 27th sep is good for me.

only if you bring a pizza and a death by chocolate cake :sad:

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
My post just vanished - try again.

27th September is looking favourite, but I suggest we wait 'til 23/8 to fix it in case anyone else is away at the moment (date as originally proposed. Partly this is because I'm on holiday, then away doing other things for money).

No one seems to have had a better idea than following Peanut's May route, so when I get a chance I'll go out and test ride it to make sure it isn't being dug up, turned into a motorway, or any other horror. That may have to wait until September.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
Fixing of 27 Sep date.

OK Looks like its:

Sunday 27th September
Meet at Taunton railway station
9:30 for 10:00 start (finish should be by 2:30 pm assuming 10 mph average and 1/2 hour café stop)

See the maps and drawings on the May ride thread for location of the car park etc.

Unless the train times change I think that fits reasonably with the slow ones and fast ones from the north, and the fast ones from Exeter.

Last time I looked Sunday parking in that car park was still free.

No one's asked for a route change, so it'll be Peanut's May route (I'll send him a slightly better way back down to the station though)

I'll ty to get out and check the route sometime before 27/9, assuming the rain stops for long enough!

Perhaps this time we won't have an Old Testament style deluge to stop us.

The roll call so far looks to be:

Definite.

Davidc
Peanut
Maggot
Domino
Speck
Iainj837
Toshiba Boy
trustysteed

Possible.

summerdays
johhnyh

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Davidc said:
OK Looks like its:

Sunday 27th September
Meet at Taunton railway station
9:30 for 10:00 start (finish should be by 2:30 pm assuming 10 mph average and 1/2 hour café stop)

See the maps and drawings on the May ride thread for location of the car park etc.

Unless the train times change I think that fits reasonably with the slow ones and fast ones from the north, and the fast ones from Exeter.

Last time I looked Sunday parking in that car park was still free.

No one's asked for a route change, so it'll be Peanut's May route (I'll send him a slightly better way back down to the station though)

I'll ty to get out and check the route sometime before 27/9, assuming the rain stops for long enough!

Perhaps this time we won't have an Old Testament style deluge to stop us.

The roll call so far looks to be:

Definite.

Davidc
Peanut
Maggot
Domino
Speck
Iainj837
Toshiba Boy
trustysteed

Possible.

summerdays
johhnyh

We're not used to brief cafe stops you know! :evil:

peanut

you're dead right speck. maybe we should thoroughly check out the cafe as well as the route :evil::angry::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Are you up for a test ride ?

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
peanut said:
you're dead right speck. maybe we should thoroughly check out the cafe as well as the route :evil::angry::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Are you up for a test ride ?
Yes, I wouldn't mind

Good work Davidc, 27/9 in the diary, looking forward to putting faces to names:biggrin:

I'll try and wear my 20yr+ old Toshiba top so you know who I am (presume you'll wear a carnation or carry a copy of the Times under your arm)

paddy01

Could this be the ride to break my meeting another member of CC cherry I ask myself?

That it be laddy, that it be.

Count me in please :biggrin:

If I had a diary I'd put the date in it...as it is I'll just have to try and remember.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
So we're now...

Definite.

Davidc
Peanut
Maggot
Domino
Speck
Iainj837
Toshiba Boy
trustysteed
paddy01

Possible.

summerdays
johhnyh

Toshiba Boy said:
I'll try and wear my 20yr+ old Toshiba top so you know who I am (presume you'll wear a carnation or carry a copy of the Times under your arm)

i'll carry a horse under my arm but not one of those ridiculous miniature ones being discussed in the horse poo thread, it'll be a big old hairy-legged shire horse! :biggrin:

Top Bottom