Somerset Levels - Late Summer CC Ride

Which of these Sundays would you find suitable for a Somerset CC ride?

• 20th September 2009

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 27th September 2009

• 4th October 2009

• 11th October 2009

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Davidc said:
Cheddar Gorge is bendy, steep, full of cars and pedestrians, and hasn't improved any since I cycled it, but if you insist!
If you come along to the next Exmouth Exodus you can ride down it at about midnight and I'll reward you with a cup of tea at the bottom :biggrin: Not so many cars and pedestrians at that time, but it's even bendier in the dark!

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
Baggy said:
If you come along to the next Exmouth Exodus you can ride down it at about midnight and I'll reward you with a cup of tea at the bottom ;) Not so many cars and pedestrians at that time, but it's even bendier in the dark!

Nice idea but I don't think I'd be able to climb Burrington, Blagdon and Woodbury! (Occasionally do Blagdon from here though)

Domino

Veteran
Oh darn, I saved them pictures as well. Then I had a tidy up and deleted them by accident. If they could be re-hosted that'd be great so I could save em again for posterity like :sad:

Took my bike to the LBS as well with my clicking bottom bracket. 5 seconds in and he'd identified a bearing problem in my pedals!!! Literally 5 seconds. He just waggled the pedal and said "Your bearing in your pedals gone" then recommended I replace the pedal. New pedals, no more clicks!!! I could have sworn it was my BB. :biggrin: Sorry chaps for the noise!!! Silent now for the next one.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Domino said:
Oh darn, I saved them pictures as well. Then I had a tidy up and deleted them by accident. If they could be re-hosted that'd be great so I could save em again for posterity like :smile:

Took my bike to the LBS as well with my clicking bottom bracket. 5 seconds in and he'd identified a bearing problem in my pedals!!! Literally 5 seconds. He just waggled the pedal and said "Your bearing in your pedals gone" then recommended I replace the pedal. New pedals, no more clicks!!! I could have sworn it was my BB. :biggrin: Sorry chaps for the noise!!! Silent now for the next one.

Bloody hell Domino, I thought it was my ears,:biggrin: I've been to the docs for an hearing test

peanut

I think our next ride should maybe be a night time ride :biggrin:

How about it ? only tried it once or twice but it is great fun and a totally differant experience .:biggrin:

peanut

Domino said:
Oh darn, I saved them pictures as well. Then I had a tidy up and deleted them by accident. If they could be re-hosted that'd be great so I could save em again for posterity like :biggrin:

where are the pics Dom ? if you upload them to photobucket they can stay there for ever . They will host video as well

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
We could always enroll on the next EE in June!

Failing that if you want a night ride without too many mountains but with a few hills the Tiverton - Bickleigh - Exeter - forgotten the next place - Uffculme - Tiverton loop is a good ride. I haven't done it for about 30 years though. It would probably work from Tiverton Parkway if people wanted to use the railway to get there.

Edit: That was about 55 miles IIRC.

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
EE = Exmouth Exodus. Go to Chuffy or Baggy in members and there's a link in their sig line.

Overnight 100 miler including up Burrington Combe, Up Blagdon Hill, and up Woodbury hill!!!!

Top Bottom