Somerset Levels - Late Summer CC Ride

Which of these Sundays would you find suitable for a Somerset CC ride?

• 20th September 2009

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 27th September 2009

• 4th October 2009

• 11th October 2009

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheddar George

oober member
Another thanks to Davidc, a nice route and a cafe that seemed to cater only for cyclists !!

peanut

Hi all so sorry to have missed it again!

I sat in that traffic jam this morning and there was some choice words I can tell you.:laugh:

Did anyone take some pictures ? I had brought my video camera with me too :biggrin:

I hear you took a detour through Lyng . Great bit of fast road from there to Burrowbridge.

How many turned up in the end ?

OP
OP
Davidc

Davidc

Guru
peanut said:
Hi all so sorry to have missed it again!

I sat in that traffic jam this morning and there was some choice words I can tell you.:laugh:

Did anyone take some pictures ? I had brought my video camera with me too :biggrin:

I hear you took a detour through Lyng . Great bit of fast road from there to Burrowbridge.

How many turned up in the end ?

That was because someone (can't think who) missed the turn in North Curry! Speck's Garmin map shows where we went!

Having remembered a bit late about the roadworks in Ruishton we finally joined your traffic jam in Henlade. Didn't take us quite as long as the cars took to get to the temporary traffic lights though...

My wife took 1/2 hour to get through it this evening. Worst traffic jam all the way from Lowestoft.

Thanks once again David for all your work. Bad luck on the traffic jam Peanut, it certainly looked pretty bad as we whizzed past them:biggrin:

Great to finally meet up with some fellow forum members, and David even kindly organised some great weather;)

Look forward to meeting up again.

Yeah, thanks everyone for a great day out in the sun and some good laughs! A couple of photos for you:

cchat.jpg

Left to Right: IainJ37, Speck, ToshibaBoy, Domino, Cheddar George, Paddy, DavidC, Trustysteed

cakestop.jpg

The obligatory cake stop in North Curry!

peanut

excellent pictures TS well done. I thought for a while that no-one had brought a camera. Looks like the North Curry cake stop was a good choice of David's
I can't tell you all how much I missed the ride. The last ride I went to at Bishops Lydiard my car engine packed up mid way so I'm hoping third time lucky ;)

good to be able to put faces to names at last.

Hi guys nice meeting you all, it was a lovely day and really enjoyed myself.
Thanks to Speck for picking me up and also for the coffee ;)
I hope we can all meet up again @ some time.
DavidC very good route and nice cake stop

Regards Iain

trustysteed said:
Yeah, thanks everyone for a great day out in the sun and some good laughs! A couple of photos for you:

cchat.jpg

Left to Right: IainJ37, Speck, ToshibaBoy, Domino, Cheddar George, Paddy, DavidC, Trustysteed

cakestop.jpg

The obligatory cake stop in North Curry!

Trustysteed You missed out the 8 but I will let you of this time lol.
Nice pictures though ;)

Domino

Veteran
Thanks for a great day out all. I think there goes the last day of summer, what a great day. It hung on just for us. Hope to do it again!:ohmy:

paddy01

Based on some conversations on Sunday, I'm thinking of proposing a ride in East Devon.

I'll figure out a route and post it up to gauge interest.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
paddy01 said:
Based on some conversations on Sunday, I'm thinking of proposing a ride in East Devon.

I'll figure out a route and post it up to gauge interest.
If you do, can you make sure the route stops at Joshua's Harvest Store in Ottery, they do THE BEST tea-cakes ever! :biggrin:

speccy1

Tried to organise rides in Devon before - nobody ever wants to know:thumbsup::biggrin:

Unless anyone can prove me wrong:wacko:;)

Top Bottom