something a bit different

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
no issues other than the bottom bracket working loose and creaking after the first 5 miles.

Not to worry. If it breaks down again you can always play Connect 4 on it until your mate comes to pick you up...

GC

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Now to make some wee rubber/plastic containers, into which go things like puncture kit, small multi-tool etc and these fit inside the circles :smile: - or the two rear filled ones have a little flap which opens to put said items inside ! :thumbsup:

dashanova

That is really cool, im a big fan of custom built bikes. In my avatar photo to the left, i found that one online, its a custom built electric cruiser from the US which goes over 30mph. Very nice. Really like your design, very unique.

RAYMOND

Would look nice as a piece of art (furniture) mounted on a wall.

Not sure I'd feel safe on it on the road however.

OP
OP
loopybike

loopybike

Veteran
Hi,
Sadly I have come to a decision that this bike has to be sold to fund the next project.
It has only been used for work commutes and has been brilliant.
So my question is, where would you recommend that I sell it?
I don't really want to go down the eBay/gumtree route as I feel you really need to see it / try it to appreciate it.
I guess the main markets will be London, Cambridge etc. My brother lives in Cambridge, so I was thinking of approaching a few bike shops there.
Any thoughts?

Ganymede

Veteran
Have you patented the design? It really is stunning. I think you should try riding it somewhere high-profile and get some press coverage. Or approach the ITV cycle show, or one of those programmes where people make their own stuff - there was a bloke on the TV the other night who had made an amphibious bike out of a canoe and some drills, it was rubbish but he is exactly the kind of person to give an individual project exposure. The bike is really so beautiful - it has style - send a photo of it to Vogue for fashion shoots! I just feel you could sell it for a massive sum to someone with a lot of style and hopefully money in London - and then their friends would all want one, you'd have to give it a name like the Bubble Bike or the Circle Cycle.

AndyRM

XOXO
Hiring it out for photography shoots could be worth exploring. I reckon that main-stream and alternative fashion labels would be interested.

Would fit in advertising campaigns as well. Going off @glasgowcyclist's earlier idea - a wine/beer shop would work. Probably because I've just got their newsletter, I'm thinking Brew Dog.

I reckon you'd make more for it that way than selling it, though I appreciate it's a bit more hassle.

Out of interest, what's your next project going to be? It'll have to be amazing to beat this!

Top Bottom