Sore Knees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Like many on CC I have returned to cycling after many years of training to be a professional couch potato.

Because funds are very tight I got myself a little used Raleigh Explore MT20 from a guy who had ran out of good intentions and set out to get the miles in. I also have 15 year old 531c frame that is in excellent condition so I am trying to get that back on the road as well. Lets face it 51 years of age, at least 3 stone overweight and a desk job I will not be doing any short 25's 10 milers this winter.

Anyway the front of my knee caps are sore so I have just checked my positioning on the bike. The saddle height is correct but I am not able to move the saddle back sufficently so that the front of my knees are in line with the centre of the crank. I think I need to be able to move the saddle about an inch or so further back to attain the recommended position.

So I am now hoping that this fact and the knee issue are related.

Is the answer a set back seat post? If so what are your thoughts, ideas and suggestions apart from the expected banter like "get yourself a proper bike" or "you ride 'what' in public and such like retorts.:wahhey:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I'm not an expert .....
.... but it might be worth having a look here for some good guidance on fitting yourself and a bike. He's not the greatest fan of the
front of my knees are in line with the centre of the crank
"rule".

HTH

Top Bottom