Sore to pee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Hi all,

Occassionally when I do a long ride, 70 miles+ (long enough for me!) I experience a stinging sensation when I do my first post ride pee - I`m a bloke btw.

It doesnt always happened, I`d be a bit concerned if it did

Does anyone else experience this too?

I do try to keep fluid levels up and it`s not as if my pee is strongly coloured ie concentrated?

Could it be a simple as the padding beginning to go in the shorts I was wearing that day? Or not standing enough on the pedals to reduce any pressure down below?

Cheers

You're squashing your bits. Time to look for a new saddle, you shouldn't be experiencing pain on peeing. You might also need to look at seat position and angle. I'd start by making sure your seat is level and if that's the case begin the search for a new saddle, probably one with a cutout and one the right width for your sit bones, so you're supported properly..

Ah, may well do that - thanks - but as I said, it is occasional but will definitely look into that
You shouldn't get it at all in my view. What normally causes it is pressure on the perineum. A narrow saddle with a raised middle profile which doesn't support you on your sit bones is normally the cause. You need to be on your sit bones and you may need a flatter saddle or one with a cut out so there's no pressure on your perineum. You may also need to look at the saddle position. If it's too far back and you're coming forward on the saddle, you won't be supported and you're more likely to do this on longer rides when you're fatigued.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush

Sunny Portrush

Veteran
Bizarrely, I have never changed the saddle on any of the bikes I have! I have four bikes (3 road - my "good" one, a winter one, a knackered one for the turbo and a cross bike) so I may try the winter bike saddle on the good bike - I can see a Venn diagram coming up!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
How old are you? It may be the beginning of an enlarged prostate, depending on your age. Otherwise, like others have said, change your saddle.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Charge Spoon for me, good for 100 miles.

Post a picture of your bike so that the experienced eyes on here can see your saddle setup.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Post a picture of your bike so that the experienced eyes on here can see your saddle setup.
Ah, but then you will say that the saddle should be level or slightly nose up, which actually causes the problem for me, along with severe numbing!

Mind you, some people have crazily sloping saddles. I have seen them so steep that the rider would be fighting not to slide forwards, or alternatively, sloping the other way so having to be careful to avoid accidental rectal insertion... :eek:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well exactly Colin, some people do ride terribly badly set-up bikes thinking it's normal.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well exactly Colin, some people do ride terribly badly set-up bikes thinking it's normal.
I saw a rider the other day with his saddle so low that his knees stuck out about 15 cms either side. It looked really uncomfortable and he was struggling on just a slight gradient. I felt tempted to suggest that he should try raising the saddle by a few cms but long ago gave up offering unprompted advice after one charming guy snarled at me to mind my own effing business!

Globalti

Legendary Member
My colleague rode like that until we measured his seat height and he realised the post was slipping very slowly under his weight

Top Bottom