Sorry - my fault you nearly killed me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobbles

Middle of Soho this morning. Cobbled street and I'm coming to a T junction when a scaffolders lorry swings left into 'my' street at such a pace he's so far over from his side of the road that he's a foot from the gutter on MY side. I skid into the kerb and godknowshow, manage to stay upright despite throwing myself onto the pavement.
Soooooooo........He's actually stopped now and I'm right next to his cab. I'm sorry, but with all the adrenalin pumping from nearly BEING SQUASHED UNDER THE FRONT OF HIS LORRY, I call him a 'stupid f###ing c##t'. He starts yelling, leaps out of the cab and runs and jumps infront of me, right in my face. Says that he's gonna kill me for calling him a 'C'. Well I point out(surprisingly calm) that he's already tried to kill me but failed and he should drive properly. (he did seem like he might very well hit me, but managed to stand my -cleated- ground)
By saying that I was going 'as fast as him', he fails to understand that, well, perhaps that wouldn't have mattered if he WAS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD!. '
'Well I slipped' he said...........derr!
And so it went on.......y'know....how this idiot is going to headbutt me so f###ing hard etc etc. So I pointed out that I'd got plenty of witnesses(outside coffe-time Pret-a-Manger) and would have his number and would report him to the police.
Eventually after calling me a 'C' countless times he reinterates that he'll kill me if I call him 'C' and climbs back in his truck...........I pointed that out to him btw.

Nice day, spoilt by a complete tosser......

col

Legendary Member
What a tosser,its amazing how they try to blame you for their crap driving isnt it?And think, threatening you ,because you had every right to be annoyed at nearly being wiped out ,would change anything.yup theres too many of these down right dickheads on the road these days.

Keith Oates

Janner
I know it's easy to say sitting quietly in front of a computer, but it seems the language was the problem not the shouting. A 'you stupid twit' or similar may have resulted in less agro. However the main point is you're OK, but never the lessa word to the Police wouldn't go amiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

col

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
I know it's easy to say sitting quietly in front of a computer, but it seems the language was the problem not the shouting. A 'you stupid twit' or similar may have resulted in less agro. However the main point is you're OK, but never the lessa word to the Police wouldn't go amiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No i think these sort of people would have reacted the same way if you had said"That wasnt very safe of you?",it would have been the same outburst,but with the who you accusing of not being safe thrown in,you cant win with absolute mammery glands.

OP
OP
W

Wobbles

Yeah, Keith. Too true.
I did see the switch flick as I yelled the 'C' word at him, but having just thought I was going under the front of a truck, the language was proportionate to the stituation.........just that he was at there probably thinking 'Ah well....that was a bit close, never mind - only some poof in lycra.....hmmmmm, nice and cosy in here.....wonder what's on page 3?' then had to deal with someone popping his bubble and calling him a c### for no REAL reason whatsoever.
Thing is, he's probably so incapable of assessing the situation that he just climbed back on bored hating cyclist even more.
So....sorry in advance to any of you who indirectly suffer from my foul mouth.

Waffley - Thanks, the bikes OK despite the back wheel being knocke dby his door as he jumped out. Luckily no harm done there.
No point in calling the plod - I was glad I 1)stood my ground and 2) was quite calm and lucid and got my point across without blathering.

Col - I think that's why I had to stand back up to him - I couldn't stand the fact that he was blaming me for such astonishingly appalling driving!

wafflycat

There is a point in calling plod. As you can identify the person concerned, it may be that he is known to plod, and plod may well be interested in having a word with him... It may be enough to deter the guy from doing it again. It's worked for me in the past.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The more I read of this sort of thing, the more I feel there is a case for issuing all cycle commuters with Helmet Cams. Having evidence of the incident gives you more chance of getting plod on your side.

OP
OP
W

Wobbles

Damn right Jock.
I seriously want to get one now. That little incident would've made compulsive viewing.
Particularly the bit where he's an inch from the camera telling me how he's going to kill me.........I'm sure the jury would be besides themselves;)

Tetedelacourse

wafflycat said:
There is a point in calling plod. As you can identify the person concerned, it may be that he is known to plod, and plod may well be interested in having a word with him... It may be enough to deter the guy from doing it again. It's worked for me in the past.

Why Waffly? What have you done in the past?;);)

Tynan

Veteran
some men do not like being called a c*** and consider it an insult justifying a fight

and that's their right, worth remembering that not everyone uses it as lightly as some

rustychisel

Tynan said:
some men do not like being called a c*** and consider it an insult justifying a fight

and that's their right, worth remembering that not everyone uses it as lightly as some

Is it? Is it really? Are you offering that as your manifesto or merely trying the claim of 'some men'?

In my opinion the utterance of a word is NEVER an good reason for violence.

Tynan

Veteran
I don't fight

I'm merely pointing out that there are plenty of people that will not accept being called that, it's a very insulting word from a stranger and some people are still prepared to fight

that's a fact to be considered when insulting people, it can't always be done with impunity

people insult each other so freely because they no longer expect people to react physically

rustychisel;40822][QUOTE=Tynan said:

Is it? Is it really? Are you offering that as your manifesto or merely trying the claim of 'some men'?

In my opinion the utterance of a word is NEVER an good reason for violence.[/QUOTE]

Someone calling me a daffodil, depending on the situation, would certainly have something coming their way. Rusty, what your stance if it someone calls your other half this 'word', just shrug your shoulders and walk away???

Top Bottom