Sorry, tyres again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattsccm

Spent several evenings looking around and getting no where. I want a 25mm road tyre. Good rolling speeds and mid price. Must be a folder. Happy to search for a good deal. White bits nice as well!
No idea where to start as I have always used tubs or cheap clinchers before.
What do you lt suggest?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Michelin Lithion or if you can justify the (slight) increasde in expense and want a more pun**** protected tyre then Michelin Krylion.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I've always found Michelin to be quite plush as well, fwiw.

I'm riding 25mm Pro Race 2 on one set of road wheels, and love those - I think GP4000 come in 25 too - I've ridden 23mm of those, and they're nice enough, but not a patch on pro-race, imo.

All my tyre experiences so far;

1) Kenda Kontender (700x 26c Wire on)
Awful. very grippy, but punctured so frequently that I was carrying two or three tubes with me on each ride.

2) Schwalbe Stelvio (700x25c Wire on)
These I really liked - they lasted about 1,500 miles, I think, before the back got a bad cut from some glass.

3) Continental Gatorskins (700x25c, Wire on)
Roll nicely at the recommended pressure, and pretty hardwearing. Downside for the set I had was the performance in the wet, which was awful - I had no confidence in them at all to keep me upright, and to this day, these are the only tyre I've managed to wheelspin.

4) Michelin Pro Race2 (700x25c, folding)
These are absolutely superb - road feel is fantastic, they roll beautifully, and they're hardwearing *enough*, given their other qualities. The 25c is nicely plush too.

5) Continental GP4000 (700x23c, folding)
My favourite tyre before I'd tried Pro Race. These are really nice, but riding pro race makes them feel, well, not quite "meh" but they're not in the same league (imo, ymmv, &c)

Top Bottom