sourcing front derallieur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iggypop37

hi guys

had a look at usual places and surprised at the lack of these .....

Im looking for a spare FD for a classic holdsworth road bike about 1980ish, bottom pull of course to a 52/39 double.

where are they these days ? all seem to have disappeared

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
hi guys

Im looking for a spare FD for a classic holdsworth road bike about 1980ish, bottom pull of course to a 52/39 double.

Did classic 1980s bikes have 39 tooth inner rings - I would have thought they would have been 42 or 44 tooth?

lpretro1

I have some new old stock of road derailleurs of all sorts - mostly Shimano - you are welcome to come and have a look if you are anywhere nearby - or I can have a look and send a list of what have got? What kit is on there?

Ajax Bay

Guru
looking for a spare FD for a classic holdsworth road bike about 1980ish, bottom pull of course to a 52/39 double.
You'd need to share with us the diameter of the seat tube (eg 28.0mm) and the make of the intended RD (if you have an aspiration to match it). Most FDs of that era would be designed for a 52t large ring and all the ones I've come across would allow a drop to a 39t. I have one or two in my box too.

hi guys

Sjs cycles

Top Bottom