South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepecat

Ha! Well i kinda huffed and puffed up, fairly slowly.... and had a wee breather in the layby just down from the swallow, and then carried on up. And had another breather at the top!

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Right, lets get this off the mark for 2012.

I have three dates in mind. 12th, 19th and 26th May. Will go for whichever is the most popular.

Also have two options in mind - cracking hills and serious spin. First one will involve 25 miles, but two big climbs. The idea is that if hills scare you, we will take them easily and slowly, get to the top, and feel great. So cracking, as in conquering, rather than cracking as one might associate with toast and Gromit. The second has a great NT café at the top that serves great bacon butties and lovely mugs of tea/coffee. And there are good views from the benches too over Birmingham and the Black Country.
The second idea is going for a longer ride, say towards Malvern or Cheltenham, and then back again, or on the train back home. There are some people on here who could manage the greater distance, and would like a challenge.

Thoughts on each of these two options, please. There is nothing to stop us having the two different options on two different days if the demand is there.

Hont

Guru
I'd be interested in joining one of your rides (if you're still welcoming new riders?), but I can't get out too early on Saturdays due to work commitments unfortunately (generally not before 9.30). Are either of those two rides you have in mind joinable from Bromsgrove leaving at that time?

Wobblers

Euthermic
I'd be interested in joining one of your rides (if you're still welcoming new riders?), but I can't get out too early on Saturdays due to work commitments unfortunately (generally not before 9.30). Are either of those two rides you have in mind joinable from Bromsgrove leaving at that time?

The longer ride towards Cheltenham/Malvern might suit you better, as the route will pass close (to the east) of Bromsgrove. Another possible destination is Evesham: it's not too demanding or far but the cafe does a spiffing bread pudding, IIRC.

I'd be up for any of the suggested dates - I've got a slight preference for the hilly option, as it's closer to home for me, but I'm not that bothered.

Hont

Guru
The longer ride towards Cheltenham/Malvern might suit you better, as the route will pass close (to the east) of Bromsgrove. Another possible destination is Evesham.
Thanks. All sound fine to me, I'll do my best to fit in with whatever everybody else wants to do.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Sorry,I'm going to have to bail out of organising these rides and close this thread.

Im just getting nowhere. Few replies, and when I need to organise something, life overtakes and I don't get anything done when I should be sorting out the details. And I tend to get only one response, and loose heart.

If anyone else wants to do this, then fine, but please don't expect me to arrange anything. Looks like I can't at the moment. That is three or four non-events I've managed to sort out this year already.

Sorry.

drkevin

It's quite ashamed I found out this forum quite late. Are there still any events going here? I am very excited to join.

drkevin

I am in for any event, just post the event a couple of days upfront. I am sure we can let the weather forecast predict the weather and we can plan something a week ahead.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I dare say something could be organised, though life's somewhat in the way at the moment. Perhaps take advantage of the light evenings? Clent's actually quite special in the dusk...

Top Bottom