South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Im on the cheshire cat the day after, but Im hoping to get out with the local lads soon... especially after doing the route solo last year, and doing Uffmore lane the wrong way! Granny gear? Set of ladders more like!

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
OK, no interest so I'll call it off. Feeling a bit rough myself at the moment, and can do with the spare time. Pity as the weather looks like its going to be peachy.

Will set another date. How about 31st March? Will sort out a suggested route this weekend too.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
The weather was great sunday just the right temp not to hot. Went for a quick blast. Didn't go out til about half one didn't see anyone apart from one chap on a mountain bike. It was a contrast to earlier in the morning there were loads out over clent.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Sorry - looks like I can't make it. Just had a serious derailleur failure, and am not going to be able to get the bike back on the road by Saturday morning.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Actually, it can be back on now. Pepecat: Can sort something out that would be OK for you. Can do a double loop that would allow people to drop out half way.
Anyone in?

pepecat

Ah - I went out saturday even in the rain (how hard am i.....). Went up bromsgrove road, and instead of turning right into St Kenelms, carried on up past the swallow. Gees, i was huffy and puffy by the top! Nice run down the other side though!

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

That is a mighty climb. Well done! We generally start off on that road, and it gives me a good idea as to what strength and fitness levels are like, and therefore what the rest of the ride is going to be. When I took Mumbo Jumbo up there the first time he stuck to my back wheel like glue, no matter how hard I pushed, and I knew that this was going to be a tough ride!

Top Bottom