South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Downward

Guru
I have halved by biking the past year but 12mph average is achievable for most.

Wobblers

Euthermic
What kind of speeds/terrain do you usually ride as I'd love to join (if you don't mind) but worried I won't keep up.

We tend to go at about 12 mph-ish. The terrain is unavoidably hilly as Brum seems to be all hills to the south and west, unfortunately. But we wouldn't leave anyone behind, it wouldn't be right. Anyway, things are easier in a group - and we don't go up the hills at 12 mph. It's meant to be a fun ride, not a torture session!

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Well, this Saturday is predicted rain, and Easter will soon be with us, so my offer for a first ride of the year is:

Saturday 24th March.

Anyone free?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

OK:
Generally the form is:
"We meet at the A456 (Manor Way) just near Halesowen Cycle Club (but not joining them) just by Grange Hill road exit. Time of 8:30 sounds fine."
For those that like Google Maps:
We'll be here.
Other suggestions may be entertained.

I'm thinking of a more gentle 25 mile route, possibly Egg Hill, followed by St Kenelm's pass, and a bacon buttie at the top. Any advance?

WorcesteRob

Über Member
OK:
Generally the form is:
"We meet at the A456 (Manor Way) just near Halesowen Cycle Club (but not joining them) just by Grange Hill road exit. Time of 8:30 sounds fine."
For those that like Google Maps:
We'll be here.
Other suggestions may be entertained.

I'm thinking of a more gentle 25 mile route, possibly Egg Hill, followed by St Kenelm's pass, and a bacon buttie at the top. Any advance?
sounds good, I'm in. Is there anywhere to park?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Sorry - a bit disjointed at the moment. Hope to be able to set a route later on this week. Still catching up.

First time I did it I parked on Woodman Close. Plenty of space and just nearby.

Top Bottom