South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Usual?

"Starting 8:30 on the Grange Hill roundabout, Halesowen Bypass, A456, roundabout junction with A459."<br style="color: rgb(1, 37, 59); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; ">

Short sounds good to me too.

Will check for any other riders tomorrow morning. Will invent something on the fly.

Wobblers

Euthermic
I suspect I may be a few minutes later - I've a late night ahead of me analysing data. Sigh...

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Well, that was a nice, gentle 40 mile ride.

40 miles? How did that happen?

Still, great to be out on a bike again doing something more than commuting. Good to know my cycle fitness is still there, even if I'm not chasing cars up Hagley Road West.

And that WAS a puncture up St Kenelm's pass. Don't try to pretend that you didn't hear.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Happy new year, and it's been a crap start to it lol finally getting over a cold that someone was kind enough to share with me. Still things can only get better. You been doing much cycling this year?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Sorry, not me for a copule of weeks - holiday coming up.

But please organise something, and I'll join you on the one after in mid to end of March

pepecat

I'd be up for joining you, but bear in mind i've only been out once since October and am a) quite slow and b) quite unfit!

Wobblers

Euthermic
I probably won't be around for the next two weekends but I could possibly manage an evening ride if anyone's interested (less traffic but more wildlife!).

pepecat

They'll look after you! I went out with BrumJim, McWobble and User last year, and they made sure i didn't get too far behind and waited at the top of the hill for me! I average around 12 mph which is fairly slow, but it was fine. It was all on the roads through Kings Norton out up Icknield street, through the country (I have no clue where!!) and back through Alvchurch and over the lickeys. It was an evening ride and i think we did about 20 miles or so, though i gather if they go at the weekend it's likely to be a longer one. We also had a stop for some food before heading home, which was nice.

WorcesteRob

Über Member
They'll look after you! I went out with BrumJim, McWobble and User last year, and they made sure i didn't get too far behind and waited at the top of the hill for me! I average around 12 mph which is fairly slow, but it was fine. It was all on the roads through Kings Norton out up Icknield street, through the country (I have no clue where!!) and back through Alvchurch and over the lickeys. It was an evening ride and i think we did about 20 miles or so, though i gather if they go at the weekend it's likely to be a longer one. We also had a stop for some food before heading home, which was nice.
thanks for the info! I feel a bit more reassured now lol. Do they ride mtb or road?

Top Bottom