South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimbo Xiii

Uke playing,bike riding,game obsessed human.

muchas gracias

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Right. Got a free evening this week - Thursday 28th July.

Currently forecast is for light drizzle, but hoping that this will change.

Anyone up for a ride if the weather is good?

Weather looking better, and I'm definitely up for this.

20-25 miles, might try to sneak in a hill or two. Starting about 6:15 (have some washers to drop off) at Bournville Yachting Pond.

Will provide Google Map links if anyone doesn't know where this is.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

OK, meeting here:

Time: 6:15, this evening. I have some deliveries to do, and don't want to sand-bag myself with 300 washers.

I'll be the one propositioning random old cyclists. Might wear my CC top, or a green one.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Thanks for the company. We'll get you up Rose Hill soon, User!!

Disappointments - roadworks and lights half way down RH, how cold it got by 9:00

Good bits - some great weather, lovely views, and good company that made the hills disappear.

barongreenback

Über Member
Hello chaps - a Redditch based new road cyclist here. How fast and how far do you tend to go? I quite fancy riding as part of a group but I'm big (i.e. a shade under 17 stone) and not too hot up hills. Can average between 14 and 15mph according to Cyclemeter on my iPhone over a 20 mile route.

Cheers!

pepecat

I went out with the chaps for the first time last week, and I was the slowest but they were very good and waited for me up the hills cos I'm also rubbish at them! We did about 24 miles (depending on whose computer you ask) and had some food at a pub on the way home.
If you can do 14/15 mph you should be fine, cos that's faster than me!

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

mj - not planning anything at the moment, as training for the Birmingham Half Marathon. Saturday morning is Parkrun at the moment.

But might be tempted away for a break if there is a good offer.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

You'll have to organise it without me this month - training for 1/2 marathon and Rugby World Cup is putting our Saturday morning rides in third place. Might be tempted in November if it doesn't get too rough.

Top Bottom