South Birmingham and Black Country Social Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
You did the route backwards

D`oh!

That climb never seems to give up, and just keeps chucking steeper and steeper slopes at you

It is good to look back at it and see how steep it is, and on the flip side there is a nice long decent after it. But going t`other way round that seems like it will be a long grinder of a climb, followed by falling off the end of the world at Uffmoor!

Hopefully, I will get another few runs round before I hinder you on a forum ride

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
If you can do Uffmoor Lane, then you are already in the top group.

Sometimes PJ79LIZARD and I try to pedal each other into the ground, hence some of the rides are hard and fast. I usually use these to get fit for a Sportive or Audax. If there are others, then we tend to take it a bit more gently, especially if the weather is hot and humid.

mumbo jumbo

Anyone else do the Sky Ride today? Got myself a signed bib and a nice pic with Victoria Pendleton
wub.gif

IMGP2364.jpg

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

[QUOTE 1005639"]
Next week?
[/quote]

Sorry, No - Church Officer's Training Day.

Mumbo Jumbo also looks like he has a hot date for next weekend too. Get a picture with Lorraine Kelly too?

Regret not going now.

pepecat

One weekend I will join you guys... I only average about 12mph so you might have to go on and leave me if I'm too slow! I've not attempted Uffmore lane yet - I tend to go up over Bromsgrove road (B4551) and then St kenelm's road and chapel lane. Can manage that one ok, but not done Clent from 'the other side'..... yet........:tongue:

Downward

Guru
Steepest hill is Winwood Heath Road followed by Farley Lane. The only 2 I have never managed to get up without stopping.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Right. Got a free evening this week - Thursday 28th July.

Currently forecast is for light drizzle, but hoping that this will change.

Anyone up for a ride if the weather is good?

Jimbo Xiii

Uke playing,bike riding,game obsessed human.
Morning Birmingham based chaps. Does anyone know of a city center / Moseley based club for newbs riding a knackered 20 year old bike? (me)

Top Bottom