South Downs Way in a day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrbikerboy73

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Thanks :smile: I'll prob break mentally whilst training but it's all good. I ride as much as I can which isn't as much as I'd like because I don't have as much time as I used to.
Winchester & bk home makes sense I'll be suggesting that for sure.
How about you ? Did you join the Don Lock procession ?
I couldn't make it that day which was a shame but I saw a load of them at Broadwater Green as I went past.
You'll need to stay mentally strong for the SDW, it's all about endurance but you could do it, I know you could. Oh, and another couple of tips for you. Do it when its dry (you know all about wet chalk :giggle:) make sure the wind is behind you (so to speak) and don't forget to apply copious amounts of chamois cream!
So what's taking up all your time? I thought you'd have more of it nowadays! :tongue:

Last edited:

Muddychic75

;););););)
I couldn't make it that day which was a shame but I saw a load of them at Broadwater Green as I went past.
You'll need to stay mentally strong for the SDW, it's all about endurance but you could do it, I know you could. Oh, and another couple of tips for you. Do it when its dry (you know all about wet chalk :giggle:) make sure the wind is behind you (so to speak) and don't forget to apply copious amounts of chamois cream!
So what's taking up all your time? I thought you'd have more of it nowadays! :tongue:
Thanks for the tips - yeah I know about wet chalk ha haha. However I know someone who knows it better than me ;) how is that arm now did it scare nicely ?!
I'll message u re what's taking up my time.

G3CWI

Veteran
I did it in a day many years ago (1985 perhaps?). I think it was shorter then? I got dehydrated and ended up in a very bad way near Eastbourne. I was covered in mud and I recall being very worried that they might not let me get on the train.

Not my finest hour but a good ride.

Top Bottom