Southend 15 August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Redjedi
Aperitif
Sittingduck
User1314
Davywalnuts
Auntie Helen
Sig silverprinter
Djtheglove
Wigsie
Topcat2
Stevevw

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
stevevw said:
I think I will make this ride so will get the train to Liverpool Street to help a damsel in Lycra up the stairs with her 3 wheeled carriage.
You are a star, Steve!

Do you know the way from Liverpool Street to Tower Bridge?

User1314 said:
The route goes past my parents' house in Little Thurrock. Literally. They live in The Willows.

We'll swing by and say hello!

I won't give advance notice to them otherwise they will go into parent mode and lay on a feast, which will last for seven days and seven nights.

If Davywalnuts, steve and self ride along, we'll be on our way in half an hour...bring on the vegetable samosas and the pakooras... I'm a bit partial to home made burfee also User - make a note~Ta! :smile:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
User1314 said:
I'll do that.

They'll bring out the beer, wine and whiskey as well, though!

Now I see why your a fellow member of the AA... hehehe!

Just as a general census, what time will we be back in London? I've got a birthday party to go to in Richmond Sat night and there will be loadsa hotties theres so need plenty of time to scrub up, so to speak! hehe!:becool:

Davywalnuts said:
Now I see why your a fellow member of the AA... hehehe!

Just as a general census, what time will we be back in London? I've got a birthday party to go to in Richmond Sat night and there will be loadsa hotties theres so need plenty of time to scrub up, so to speak! hehe!:becool:

Could you not go direct to the party Davy? Surely there will be plenty of scrubbers that would help you prepare your finely honed body 'in situ'?
As part of your 'on the route makeover', when we pull in for carbofatdrates etc, my Topeak Lipopump could give you 'fab abs' with little effort. A nick in the flesh, reverse the valve, insert the tube and pull on the pump! Bingo. Instant fitness!

Anyway - you'll be back in town at 03:00 ish - it's all academic...;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh, plenty of scrubbers! hehehe!

A Topeak Lipopump!! my god, that would be awesome... imagine you got a puncture and had no spare inner tube. All you do is suck the fat out of ones fat store and pump it straight into the "holy" tube! With all the kebabs and saturated fat I enduldge in, the hole will be blocked in no time! Jobs a gooden!! Lets copyright it! hehehe!

3 am sounds good to me... kebab shop will still be open and all the floozies will be drunk, happy days!

OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
gbs said:
definitely lnterested and may ride back if the prevailing SW winds relent.

Belated welcome gbs, it'll be great to have you join us.

Davy if you left s/e at 2pm you'll be back by 6

stevevw

Guru
Helen
Does your train home go via Liverpool Street or a more direct route?
I was looking at booking my train ticket and it is cheaper to get a return from Hertford to Saarfend than a single Hertford to liverpool street then Saarfend to Liverpool Street :wacko:

If you are not taking the train home I will probably ride home from Saarfend.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Train goes to Shenfield, whereupon the two lines merge and I can hop on a train to Colchester.

I had vaguely toyed with cycling some/all of the way back - Southend to home is only 50ish miles. However James is away so the dog will be all alone so I may end up not doing that. If ChrisKH is going and cycling home, I could go part of the way with him/you maybe. I suppose I could even cycle to Shenfield, if that's where you're going (which I think you might be) or Chelmsford... will have to see how it goes.

stevevw

Guru
Ok I will just get a single to Liverpool Street and worry about the return at the time. Could you book some nice sunshine and no wind please.

Top Bottom