FNRttC Southend Ride Friday 10th March 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
GUYS!!!

Thanks, it WAS Burnham on Crouch in MARCH 2014!!!

Somehow it had been erased from my mind, but looking at photos of Burnham on 'tinternet I recognise this:

View attachment 342216

and....

View attachment 342217

So, I had been to J31 before, but had completely forgotton Burnham conflating it with Whitstable!
Apols and thanks all. I am 54 you know....
This might help jog your memory....
My teeth today are most polished thanks to the amount of sand partaken from the rear wheels of Simon and Claudine on the approach to the services

StuartG

slower but further
This file in the same sequence as this but was dated as being taken on 22 March 0043....but I didn't take it....

View attachment 342215
That AFAIR was the Rotherhithe Tunnel taking us from sunny sarf lundun into the dark, cold & wet north. Climate change in a river width. The J31 piccie also has my Brommie in the foreground (in front of the red one) which didn't do 2014. It did do Southend on 13/09/2013 and Burnham on 24/05/2013.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This might help jog your memory....
Ha!
It's also why I think I said something too @AKA Bob about recognising the road but had somehow thought it was en-route to Whistable not Burnham and was by then befuddled. When I reached the services I thought I was losing my mind I had recalled following Simon and Claudine along the same stretch....

@Hill Wimp has just said I'm easily confused....

srw

That AFAIR was the Rotherhithe Tunnel taking us from sunny sarf lundun into the dark, cold & wet north. Climate change in a river width. The J31 piccie also has my Brommie in the foreground (in front of the red one) which didn't do 2014. It did do Southend on 13/09/2013 and Burnham on 24/05/2013.
The Rotherhithe Tunnel has been used on at least one other occasion - I've done it, and I wasn't on the March '14 ride. If I can be bothered I'll go searching.

Fab Foodie

That old thread has a post or two from much missed Mick Mistral. Whatever happened to him?

Whitstable 2014 ...just before I passed-out on the train....

IMG_0795.JPG

I last saw him on a daytime Christmas ride, Reach for the Stars IIRC.

srw

Whitstable 2014 ...just before I passed-out on the train....

View attachment 342232

I last saw him on a daytime Christmas ride, Reach for the Stars IIRC.
Whoever is that slim thing behind Slomo?

I'd like to say I remember that train journey, but that would be on the verge of a lie. I believe we drank the trolley dry of Spitfire, and then I moved onto G&T....

Fab Foodie

Whoever is that slim thing behind Slomo?

I'd like to say I remember that train journey, but that would be on the verge of a lie. I believe we drank the trolley dry of Spitfire, and then I moved onto G&T....
:-) IIRC you frogmarched me to the cash machine to pay you for the ticket you kindly bought me when I was comatose :-)

Top Bottom